Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the Sprint LG optimus S> I'm trying to flash a ROM through TWRP 2.3.1.1 while stuck in a recovery boot loop. When I try to install the ROM it says
Updating partition details...
Installing '/sdcard/RebornROM_v2
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file
Error flashing zip ' /sdcard/Rebo

FAILED

With the other ROMs i've tried 9DanteRom and update.zip which is my stock froyo zip) It says
Installing ' /sdcard/DanteRom.zip
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file
SUCCESSFUL
But when I wipe cache/dalvik and reboot im back into recovery.
The Main issue is that when I do an MD5 check it shows me the actual MD5 checksum value and I don't understand why it won't show up when i try to install the rom. Is there a way to make it show up when I flash the ROM or maybe use ADB? Here's the MD5 for RebornRom
2db9b55305cff37a6b6e402fb8518acf

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Chances are that either your zip did not download correctly or they do not have a file containing the MD5 hash to check the calculated one against. If your sure that it downloaded fine, try flashing with verification off.

Also attempt with a different recovery image.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
For twrp 2.3.1, it made using old zips difficult to flash. You have to open up the rom zip and swap out the updater-binary in the twrp 2.3.1 post. Otherwise use twrp 2.2.1 and everything should be still flashable as is. See the note http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...wrp-2-2-2-1-touch-recovery-2.html#post2240354

The same with the update.zip, those aren't flashable due to the amend scripting and radio. You need a stock recovery.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to flash with verification off with no luck. When I flashed with it on it automatically said "fail." I downloaded the stock zip from the sprint website for LG Optimus S and it still went back into TWRP recovery. What exactly is a recovery.img?

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to sound like a chiding uncle here, but you obviously glossed over all of the requisite reading to be doing what you have/are. I humbly suggest that you view your device as a toasty paperweight and begin the process of learning as if you have nothing to lose. The answers to your questions have been explained in detail in the stickies both in this forum and on more general AC forums. As another seasoned member suggested, please stop creating new threads daily that show off your lack of investigation and just read what is here. I expect that you will find it helpful.

Thank you and good luck!

FWIW, TWRP is a great concept, but still full of bugs and hangups. I think it is highly inappropriate that it bares the version numbering that it does, especially on so many devices and ports thereto. I would stick to something more stable, such as COT or even Xionia for what you are attempting.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I went to your link http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...wrp-2-2-2-1-touch-recovery-2.html#post2240354 and I;m 100% lost. What am I supposed to do with this link because it just shows how to install 2.3.1.1 which I have now. I'm sorry I'm a noob. What was I supposed to get out of this thread?

I know you are getting frustrated and you dont understand all the info being thrown at you. Sufice it to say, if thekraven is correct there is an incompatibility in ALL zips you have been trying to flash. It is a single file called the "update-binary" and is buried deep in the zip files you have been trying to flash. I have taken the liberty of inserting it into the Xionia package I prepared for you earlier (that didnt work because of this one file I believe). Here is hoping that thekraven is correct and this is your problem. This is exactly what I want you to do.

Download - Xionia_CWMA_12518.6_flashable.via.twrp.zip
Flash and Reboot into Recovery (this is an option from the reboot menu on the main page of twrp)

Now we should be in xionia if all goes as we expect. Now go to to DanteRom (or any rom of your choice) and install following the instructions. Once you have it installed, you need to run the "fix recovery bootloop" option which I believe is within the advanced options section. Then reboot and let us know if it boots. We can go from there assuming it works.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I know you are getting frustrated and you dont understand all the info being thrown at you. Sufice it to say, if thekraven is correct there is an incompatibility in ALL zips you have been trying to flash. It is a single file called the "update-binary" and is buried deep in the zip files you have been trying to flash. I have taken the liberty of inserting it into the Xionia package I prepared for you earlier (that didnt work because of this one file I believe). Here is hoping that thekraven is correct and this is your problem. This is exactly what I want you to do.

Download - Xionia_CWMA_12518.6_flashable.via.twrp.zip
Flash and Reboot into Recovery (this is an option from the reboot menu on the main page of twrp)

Now we should be in xionia if all goes as we expect. Now go to to DanteRom (or any rom of your choice) and install following the instructions. Once you have it installed, you need to run the "fix recovery bootloop" option which I believe is within the advanced options section. Then reboot and let us know if it boots. We can go from there assuming it works.

MY PHONE WORKS NOW! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP! Sorry for all my threads! And Thank You as well thekraven! I couldn't have fixed it without you guy's help! I have the Reborn Rom in case you wanted to know and after wiping everything it works like a charm thank you so much! If you need anything let me know!

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I am pleased you got it all up and working. I knew we were missing something but thekraven supplied the key. Very glad it worked out for you.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL