Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone noticed google maps traffic has become hard to decipher on Optimus?

I have a stock Optimus S. In the last month I noticed a change to the traffic layer depiction on google maps, it has become very hard to read. It is as though they made the green, yellow, and red coloration that indicates traffic much "thinner" on the screen when you are zoomed out a bit, so thin that at certain zoom levels you can't even tell what color it is indicating. I would liken it to the difference between a bold font and a non-bolded font. I would say the way it used to be was nice and "bold" whereas now it is as though they have turned bold off.

this is a new development in the last month or so. I've tested google traffic on my other phone (work phone) and on a number of other android devices (coworkers) and none of theirs appears this way, the traffic indications are still nice and "bold" and easy to read. only my optimus seems to have this change.

Anyone else notice this?

Default Re: Anyone noticed google maps traffic has become hard to decipher on Optimus?

Overall, the traffic layer in Maps is helpful; however, if I have a route displayed (which shows up in GoogleNow), I can't see the traffic color (red/green/yellow) because the blue route line obscures the traffic status. I have to "clear" the layers, select traffic again and all is good. Same issue on my Nexus 7 and Nexus 4.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Anyone noticed google maps traffic has become hard to decipher on Optimus?

Quote Originally Posted by WOP_Drive View Post
    Overall, the traffic layer in Maps is helpful; however, if I have a route displayed (which shows up in GoogleNow), I can't see the traffic color (red/green/yellow) because the blue route line obscures the traffic status. I have to "clear" the layers, select traffic again and all is good. Same issue on my Nexus 7 and Nexus 4.
    I know what you're referring to, but that is not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about doesn't depend upon whether or not you have route guidance on or not.

ROM
    Cold As Ice

the optimus s actually has a lower resolution screen than most of the other phones idk.

Yes I've noticed this. It is driving (no pun intended) me nuts.
    I hope they fix it soon, or at least offer the option to keep using thicker
    lines for traffic regardless of the zoom level.