1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just switched to optimus s and cant download any apps

Hey just got this phone from my dad he had it for little over year and a half, its like new. Any way i cant download anything. the market place forces me into google play and then says i dont have a device that will accept any ideas. Im getting pissed as sprint has told me i have to pay an extra 10 bucks for a data plan that i cant even use. Thanks

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    HYdroROM 1.1.0

Default Re: Just switched to optimus s and cant download any apps

The name of the Marketplace was changed to Google Play Store some time ago; you're not being forced into anything different.

To download free apps you need two things--internet access and a Google ID, which is the same as your GMail account. With regard to accessing the internet, you ideally should have a data plan, but even without one you can still access the internet on your mobile device through a wifi hotspot. If you have access to a home broadband connection you should use that, as that will typically offer much faster throughput than a public hotspot.

For paid apps you need all of the above, and a payment method. IIRC it can be a bank card or a PayPal account.

Default Re: Just switched to optimus s and cant download any apps

I'm experiencing the same problem. Apparently Google is no longer "pushing" the update from Market to Google Play Store.

Update: I flashed to the latest ZVJ version ROM and it did the update automatically....finally.