- 1 Posts
Just switched to optimus s and cant download any apps
Hey just got this phone from my dad he had it for little over year and a half, its like new. Any way i cant download anything. the market place forces me into google play and then says i dont have a device that will accept any ideas. Im getting pissed as sprint has told me i have to pay an extra 10 bucks for a data plan that i cant even use. Thanks
- 12-23-2012, 10:22 PM #2
Re: Just switched to optimus s and cant download any apps
The name of the Marketplace was changed to Google Play Store some time ago; you're not being forced into anything different.
To download free apps you need two things--internet access and a Google ID, which is the same as your GMail account. With regard to accessing the internet, you ideally should have a data plan, but even without one you can still access the internet on your mobile device through a wifi hotspot. If you have access to a home broadband connection you should use that, as that will typically offer much faster throughput than a public hotspot.
For paid apps you need all of the above, and a payment method. IIRC it can be a bank card or a PayPal account.
- 12-25-2012, 05:18 PM #3
- By SipperPhoto in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 8Last Post: 06-15-2011, 03:40 PM
- By spencer0279 in forum Droid Charge Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 06-13-2011, 02:10 AM
- By smithe68 in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 13Last Post: 10-05-2010, 09:52 AM
- By Prof-KOS in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 3Last Post: 08-23-2010, 03:16 PM
- By Zerazac in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 01-10-2010, 12:07 PM