Need to flash Sprint Optimus S to Verizon prepaid or any prepaid service?!

cotylee1991

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have an LG Optimus S through Sprint. I just got the line disconnected and paid the disconnection fee. My friend wants the phone, but he wants prepaid. Now I've heard of flashing an Optimus V to Sprint, but is there ANY way I can flash the Optimus S to any prepaid service?

Scott Hunter

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I dont believe this phone can be flashed to Verizon easily. In general, it is possible, to force a sprint phone to work on verizons network, without "special features," such as GIN, text, PTT, etc. But its a pain in the arse from what I have read and alot of things might not work. Check out these posts on Howard Forum Cricket LG Optimus S on Cricket and this one http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/502647-lg-optimus-s-virgin-mobile.html The patch for Virgin mobile can be found in the second post on the first page of the Cold As Ice thread. I would try Boost, Cricket, PagePlus, or Virgin Mobile if i was going to try different carrier.

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Cricket has been done. Google that one. All you should need for Verizon is a PRL flash and to get their system to accept the ESN. Get your MSL and manually program the phone then mod your APNs. You could go with Pageplus which is Verizon also and would be the same method. Virgin won't accept anything but Virgin branded phones i think.