1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Need to flash Sprint Optimus S to Verizon prepaid or any prepaid service?!

I have an LG Optimus S through Sprint. I just got the line disconnected and paid the disconnection fee. My friend wants the phone, but he wants prepaid. Now I've heard of flashing an Optimus V to Sprint, but is there ANY way I can flash the Optimus S to any prepaid service?

Default Re: Need to flash Sprint Optimus S to Verizon prepaid or any prepaid service?!

[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19 try this thread the rom has a patch to use this phone on Virgin Mobile.

ROM
    Cold As Ice

Default Re: Need to flash Sprint Optimus S to Verizon prepaid or any prepaid service?!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hunter View Post
    [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19 try this thread the rom has a patch to use this phone on Virgin Mobile.
    Exactly where in the 178 pages of this thread does it explain how to flash to Verizon? This would be amazing!

I dont believe this phone can be flashed to Verizon easily. In general, it is possible, to force a sprint phone to work on verizons network, without "special features," such as GIN, text, PTT, etc. But its a pain in the arse from what I have read and alot of things might not work. Check out these posts on Howard Forum and this one The patch for Virgin mobile can be found in the second post on the first page of the Cold As Ice thread. I would try Boost, Cricket, PagePlus, or Virgin Mobile if i was going to try different carrier.

Cricket has been done. Google that one. All you should need for Verizon is a PRL flash and to get their system to accept the ESN. Get your MSL and manually program the phone then mod your APNs. You could go with Pageplus which is Verizon also and would be the same method. Virgin won't accept anything but Virgin branded phones i think.
    "Your Android Brain is capable of so much more"

I did flash it to Verizon Prepaid but i did it with a donor phone.