- 4 Posts
ZV9 - how can I stop update nags ?
I'm on ZV9 / MV9_6040 and 2.2.1 and z4 rooted so I can use Quick Settings for Wi-Fi tethering. I'm in a 3G-only area and this is how I get Internet to my home computer. Great. Many thanks to the ZV9 flash guys.
Problem is, every tenth time I need to push an on-screen button, a stupid nag box suddenly appears right when my finger's hitting the screen, as if it's trying to trick me into accepting an OTA update. I cringe whenever anyone else uses my phone, 'cuz they go all butterfingers on the small screen and I lose a night restoring.
Is there any way to permanently block those stupid nag boxes?
- 07-08-2013, 07:34 PM #2
- 07-11-2013, 08:32 PM #4
- 07-12-2013, 02:08 AM #5
Re: ZV9 - how can I stop update nags ?
Assuming your rooted. So if the update reappears, as it may. Just go into /etc/security and rename the otacerts.zip to otacerts.bak. This is the file that houses the certificate keys, etc... For sprints ota updates. When you rename it, the ota won't be able to check itself (sounds silly I know), but this will permanently stop the nagging.
Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and ChubbsCURRENT RIG || MSI Neo v-2 MB || Pentium 4 Prescott 3.5Ghz || 2GB Dual Channel DDR1 Ram || Dell 80GB 7200 rpm HDD || BFG Nvidia 6200 256MB || Creative SBLive! Sound Card || Crappy Dell CRT Monitor
Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.
Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18
- By Kha_liD in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 07-12-2013, 09:29 PM
- By hockey9592 in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 1Last Post: 07-07-2013, 10:57 AM
- By Yourmum90 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 07-07-2013, 10:49 AM
- By Sparty007 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 07-06-2013, 09:53 PM
- By Rakamy in forum LG Optimus GReplies: 0Last Post: 07-06-2013, 09:38 PM