Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up (CLOSED)Stuck on Lg Logo After Boot, had cm9 by thekraven, Help??

Alright so today I finally had my phone rooted to zvj after literally 2 years of trying to figure it out( I know long time i was procrastinating) rooted it all, though great im awesome your awesome we are all awesome put in the custom rom DanteROM worked great, and cried a little from how much better this is then the other roms i had Lol, but then I found CM9 by TheKraven and flashed it all used the patch so it would work on zvj everything worked 100% small amounts of lag thats all, thought "great everything worked" but I decided to go back to DanteROM because it helped me save more internal memory than CM9 by thekraven. I used CotRecovery(Cannibal open touch) to switch back to DanteROM from a nandroid backup i made but then it said that the md5 code or something like that, was wrong, and so i thought it just backed up wrong or something so I used the Debugallformat.zip that the creator of DanteROM made or is passing out to do a reliable cleanup before installing a new rom and tried to flash his DanteROMv4 but it gave me an (unknown error: 0) (and so with all his other rom updates and other roms such as hydrorom)and this is when i started to freak out a little "thinking oh god no more of my favorite rom", so I just gave up on that and tried to boot up to the rom i had and to some AWESOME LUCK that I always have it felt like getting stuck on the lg logo screen on boot up.

So far i can still access my Custom Cannibal Open Touch Recovery and go into Emergency mode. I've tried many things to get it back to working order but no luck(kinda why im posting here ) any help or ways you can think of to help me out here will be greatly appreciated especially since I was about to start making my own rom (ALSO THIS IS MY EVERYDAY USE PHONE SO PLEASE IF YOU CAN QUICK HELP OR HELPFUL POSTS WILL BE EXTREMELY O_O YES EXTREMELY APPRECIATED Lol)

(EDIT: Had Rom-manager yet never used it because of all the negative things the forums said it did to the lg optimus s version, is it a problem to even just install it? for future reference)

(EDIT: I'm also unable to flash any zip at all giving me the error 0 i talked about or aborting install Q~Q help? school will be starting soon I'll need this phone to talk to my teachers and friends and soon will have a job that they will most likely need to contact me on the go)
    Last edited by Mixingtone; 09-04-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Found something else out

Default Re: Stuck on Lg Logo After Boot, had cm9 by thekraven, Help??

I am having the exact same problem.down to the exact roms you used have you had any luck? I mean literally cm 9 to danterom with format_all debug and all only I have
    xonia recovery.

Okay so here's the deal your phone won't boot because you used the debugall.zip and it formatted your boot and your system (which it was supposed to do) that's why you can't boot your phone up

Now your backup failed because the md5checksum failed that means your backup was corrupted and the recovery saved you from flashing it

Your using Cot to flash and optimus users frequently get the install error when we don't use xionia

So what you need to do is flash a new recovery (Xionia) and since it seems like your SD card is corrupting files after you flash Xionia format your SD card. Then you can redownload and flash DanteRom

Oh and no installing Rom manager won't mess up anything if you didn't use it to do anything (download ROMs, make backups etc)

If you need any help just ask

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I know im waaaays late replying to this but I'll go right ahead and try to do what you said and see if it works thanks for the info be back in a jiff
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Silas178 View Post
    so what you need to do is flash a new recovery (Xionia) and since it seems like your SD card is corrupting files after you flash Xionia format your SD card. Then you can redownload and flash DanteRom
    So I finally got the time today to try this but how would I even be able to flash it if my laptop doesnt even recognize my phone since i cant turn on the debug and etc since im stuck on lg boot screen
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Actually I fixed the dumb problem and for some odd reason Xionia really hated me today (LOL) and so i just reinstalled CoT and its worked out pretty well though after all this im going to put in xiona to save myself from all the hassel even though it looks freaking epic lol i mean who doesnt like a evil looking android cannibal robot on the background while using touch screen on a custom recovery right? lol well thanks so much for the info and I'll try my best from now on to not brick my phone