... I have managed to revert to ZVD and am currently rooted (yay me) thanks to the guides here. But I am kind of stuck now as I want to upgrade to ZVJ and be rooted there. I have read through te threads and am kind of unsure what steps to take. Like I said my goal is to be rooted in ZVJ but I am really thrilled to be rooted in ZVD right now, and also the phone tells me that an update is available but I am afraid if it updates I will lose the root access if I let it do the automatic update. Can someone point me in the right direction please.
- 11-07-2013, 12:54 AM #3
- 221 Posts
I used to run RebornROM (which is a ZVD, Android v2.2 "Froyo" based ROM). It's a good ROM but I upgraded to the ZVJ Android v2.3 "Gingerbread" based DanteROM-- which I think is better. For me, Froyo (and hence the Froyo-based ROMs) have a fatal flaw. If you load up a big SD card with music (I think over ~16GB), the system can't handle it and becomes so unusable that it crashes constantly. (Google fixed some memory management problems for Gingerbread.) Also, some of the newer apps won't run on the (older) Froyo OS.
Upgrade/rooting instructions at the following link.
[How-To] Automated Rooting of LS670ZVD/ZVH/ZVJ
DanteROM at the following link.
[ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v4 [UPDATE] 10/14/2012
- 11-25-2013, 01:21 AM #6
- By bluerfoot in forum Rumored Devices LoungeReplies: 8Last Post: 11-07-2013, 11:54 AM
- By ruben santha in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 10Last Post: 11-04-2013, 08:34 AM
- By ZeroAE in forum IntroductionsReplies: 6Last Post: 11-02-2013, 06:23 PM
- By aocdb in forum LG G2Replies: 7Last Post: 10-31-2013, 03:20 AM
- By zocster in forum IntroductionsReplies: 12Last Post: 10-29-2013, 11:38 PM