Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help with screen randomly becoming corrupted

Starting a few days ago, my screen goes almost monochrome and blurry. I can still make things out well enough to use the phone but it is annoying. It seems to be happening more frequently each day. A reboot always fixes the problem. I have been using 2.3.3 DanteRom v4 for several months now. Could this be Rom related or is it likely a hardware issue? If you think I should try a different Rom, which would you recommend? Thanks.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Help with screen randomly becoming corrupted

Wow! 270 views and not a single reply? Thanks for looking, anyway. I think I found the answer myself so I'll post it here in case someone else runs across the same problem. I had installed Skype a few days ago. That seems to have been causing the problem. I uninstalled Skype this morning and the problem has not reappeared. I'm glad it was that simple.

Default Re: Help with screen randomly becoming corrupted

Thank you for posting your solution. Skype has never done that to me but I have noticed it hasn't run optimal as of late.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)