Deleted Sprint apps now I get "The application Dialer(processcom.android.phone)has stopped unexpecte

rolly_g

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Deleted Sprint apps now I get "The application Dialer(processcom.android.phone)has stopped unexpecte

My buddy gave me an old LG Optimus S 670 android phone,I was gonna use it just for the web,music ,apps and such.I rooted the phone and started to delete apps right away(without backing the phone i know big mistake). I must have deleted an important Sprint app the phone needs cuz I keep getting the message ""The application Dialer(processcom.android.phone)has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again".And it looks like i cant connect to wifi either.:'( Am I screwed or is there hope .Help!!! I would appreciated it

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Deleted Sprint apps now I get "The application Dialer(processcom.android.phone)has stopped unexp

You need to get a custom recovery on it wipe and flash a new rom. Don't worry too much the Optimus is rather hard to permanently brick

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rolly_g

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Deleted Sprint apps now I get "The application Dialer(processcom.android.phone)has stopped unexp

Flash a new rom,what kind9of rom? Do I need the phone to be rooted? Cuz I wiped data/factory reset the phone :eek: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

In the first post you said you were already rooted. So now you factory reset? Can you still get it to boot up?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Flash a new rom,what kind9of rom? Do I need the phone to be rooted? Cuz I wiped data/factory reset the phone :eek: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

This sticky is a good place to start reading.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1584817

Let me know if your phone still boots and if you have a custom recovery or just stock. There's a way to fix what you've done so just try to stay calm. As old as the Optimus is just about every mistake has been made before and solutions found

rolly_g

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Its boots up and just stock now,all the root related stuff is gone.

rolly_g

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Wow great article I should have read that before even going the rooting route -.- But that still doesnt help me with my problem:confused

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

If you're still on the stock recovery you're easiest route will be to place the ls670zvd.zip onto the root of your SD card rename it to update.zip, boot to recovery and update from update.zip (I forget what stock recovery calls it but it's there.)

rolly_g

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Does it matter that my phone is SVJ?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

No if you've got stock recovery it'll work. It'll take you back to zvd but you'll be able to update again once everything is working again

rolly_g

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Ok I did that but now instead of the message I got before it says "The Process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly,Please try again".And I still cant connect the phone to my houses wifi.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Ok I did that but now instead of the message I got before it says "The Process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly,Please try again".And I still cant connect the phone to my houses wifi.

Check your about phone screen (settings - about phone) to confirm your are on ls670zvd

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

It just sounds like the update didn't apply

Edit: if your about phone screen confirms your on zvd now boot back into recovery mode and wipe data / factory reset then flash the update.zip again

rolly_g

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Yes its ZVD,the apps i deleted are back but problems persist :-\

rolly_g

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

That worked the messages are gone but I still cant connect to wifi,ive tried every option but WIFI section just says scanning...

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Well your bone stock zvd now... If any hardware like wifi isn't working my guess is you've got a hardware problem unrelated to your rooting it

rolly_g

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Could be Ill have to get my phone checked ,thank you for all your help:)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

No problem, next time you decide you want to root check out the rooting, roms, and hacks subforum. Lots of good info there. #1 rule after rooting. the first thing to do is install a custom recovery and make a backup of your unaltered stock rom

rolly_g

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Yes Ive learned that the hard way lol I got wifi to work now thanks again for helping a noob out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton