LG Optimus S: Screen Blank After Attempted Restore To Stock

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
After using CM11 proved too much of a battery drain (Sprint fix didn't work for me) I tried to restore to root using the guide below:
How to Unroot and Return LG Optimus S to Stock - LG Cell Phones Blog
The only deviation was that I tried GNM v2.2.1 instead of the recommended 1.1.0.

The first boot after the restore played the stock boot sound but with a blank screen. Attempts to get back into the stock or GNM recoveries by holding Home, Volume Up then Down, and Menu seem to stop the boot sound. Yet both cases still produce a blank screen. Now it doesn't produce a boot sound or show anything after the LG logo.

Any ideas how I can get the phone working again?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
The recovery and Rom you installed are too old and the kernel doesn't support your display.
You can follow outdated instructions here http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms.html

The key for you will be either ADB or screencast of some sort booted into recovery. Use it to install a current Rom like mirage and from the working Rom fix your recovery.
Just don't change both Rom and recovery at once. Make sure your first change works before doing the other.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol