Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 107
  1. #51  

    Default good stuff

    Thanks for the Gnash info. Apparently they are working on compiling to Android.Building for Android - Gnash Project Wiki
  2. #52  
    rc28a's Avatar

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captmeach7 View Post
    Thanks for the Gnash info. Apparently they are working on compiling to Android.Building for Android - Gnash Project Wiki
    You are silly and naive go learn to program before coming here and cheerleading. Gnash supports flash 7 and very little of 8 and 9 which makes it useless unless you want to view pop up ads on your phone as they are the only things that use flash 7. Flash 10 has no support in gnash as well.


    It is up to adobe to compile flash for use on our phones or use skyfire which is the best solution so far.
  3. #53  

    Default ok

    Quote Originally Posted by block944 View Post
    You are silly and naive go learn to program before coming here and cheerleading. Gnash supports flash 7 and very little of 8 and 9 which makes it useless unless you want to view pop up ads on your phone as they are the only things that use flash 7. Flash 10 has no support in gnash as well.


    It is up to adobe to compile flash for use on our phones or use skyfire which is the best solution so far.
    You are also violating forum rules.
    Personal Attacks - Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to criticize nor insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If your are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic; you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move on to another thread.
    If you don't have something constructive to say then don't post. The Gnash program was written based on a program that only supported flash 6. Gnash was made to support flash 7, and part of 8 and 9. They are also working on it's compatibility with newer flash "Gnash supports many SWF v8 features and ActionScript 2 classes. with growing support for SWF v10 and ActionScript 3." Things get better as people learn more about them.
  4. #54  

    Default

    Two choices, and this applies to every person in every thread, respect each other or I issue infractions and close the thread to let things calm down. If you don't share the same opinion as someone you can either not post or disagree RESPECTFULLY (keyword). Getting infractions makes you mad and causes me work, and I hate work. First, last warning.

    Were adults here, lets act like it. Thanks in advance
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
  5. #55  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captmeach7 View Post
    How is it childish that thinking because we are on an Android forum we should think all options are open to us. I think it is childish that you had to write no so many different ways. And if you read my post it says that Flash is closed off to us and so we can't close the door until it is for certain that will always be. Grow up kid.
    Its childish because instead of listening when people tell you what you dont want to hear you plug your fingers in your ears and go "lalala cant hear you".

    Just because its android dont make it magically possible to get a proprietary closed source application to compile for our hardware.

    It would involve an insane amount of reverse engineering to make it even remotely possible and the second you made any progress and tried giving it out you would be sued back to the stone age.

    So to reiterate unless adobe changes their mind getting real flash working on this phone is impossible.

    Whether you want to hear it or not thats how it is. I hate to break it to you but no weekend hacker is going to get you flash on an unsupported chipset.
  6. #56  

    Default ok...

    Quote Originally Posted by disposed View Post
    Its childish because instead of listening when people tell you what you dont want to hear you plug your fingers in your ears and go "lalala cant hear you".

    Just because its android dont make it magically possible to get a proprietary closed source application to compile for our hardware.

    It would involve an insane amount of reverse engineering to make it even remotely possible and the second you made any progress and tried giving it out you would be sued back to the stone age.

    So to reiterate unless adobe changes their mind getting real flash working on this phone is impossible.

    Whether you want to hear it or not thats how it is. I hate to break it to you but no weekend hacker is going to get you flash on an unsupported chipset.
    OK you people obviously don't read and just come here to argue. There are several options that are opening up to us. I will not argue with you. Read the post above you. Respect others opinions regardless of whether they differ from yours. Reiterating that someone is childish is simply repeating a violation of forum rules. If you don't think it's possible, that's fine, it's your opinion. If you don't want to read that we are hopeful about getting this, then please don't read our thread. Have a nice day.
  7. #57  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captmeach7 View Post
    OK you people obviously don't read and just come here to argue. There are several options that are opening up to us. I will not argue with you. Read the post above you. Respect others opinions regardless of whether they differ from yours. Reiterating that someone is childish is simply repeating a violation of forum rules. If you don't think it's possible, that's fine, it's your opinion. If you don't want to read that we are hopeful about getting this, then please don't read our thread. Have a nice day.
    How is saying someone is behaving childish a violation of the rules?

    There are no options opening up just more talk from people that dont know better.

    This is not a matter of opinion. Its a matter of fact and some people just cant grasp it or prefer denial.
  8. #58  
    cmags's Avatar

    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default

    Back on topic, I understand the technical hurdles in getting Flash 10.1 on the Optimus S due to the lack of ArmV6 support. What I haven't been able to find information on is whether there are any *other* versions of Flash supported on the Optimus. For example, I was going to run a test on SpeakEasy.net and it says requires Flash 7. But when I clicked the link, it gave me a Not Found error. Any suggestions?
  9. #59  

    Default

    Is there an online petition? If not, can we start one to send to Adobe? A shame such a great well rounded device does not support Flash.
  10. #60  

    Default

    good luck guys hope to see it soon!!!!!!
  11. #61  
    hamagc's Avatar

    Posts
    583 Posts
    Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - Maybe OC Kernel

    Default

    lol me too!
  12. #62  
    trekkie1701c's Avatar

    Posts
    275 Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default

    https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-6043

    Let's try actually going to Adobe and saying "Hey, please make a version of flash for us D: "
  13. #63  
    cmags's Avatar

    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default

    Good idea. I added my vote and comments.

    Now does anyone have info on whether all versions of Flash require ARMv7 processors or if there is a version, even an old one that will work?

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
  14. #64  

    Default

    HTC Hero had a version of flash lite, not full flash though. Worked for most sites that I went on. Won't work on the optimus though. What would it take to port it over?
    Last edited by Robchaos_; 01-12-2011 at 10:34 PM.
  15. #65  
    dachiefmizzy's Avatar

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

    Default

    Flash will probably never hit the optimus unfortunately. It has the same internals as the Palm Pixi + and this was stated a long time ago by either palm or adobe I believe.
  16. #66  
    hamagc's Avatar

    Posts
    583 Posts
    Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - Maybe OC Kernel

    Default

    I think I said this already in this thread but the hero uses flashlite. To get that to work on our phones one would need to port the HTC framework also. Has not been done on any device to date.

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
  17. #67  

    Default

    OK, this is getting annoying. Sorry guys, I'm with all the nay-sayers. Flash is not supported by the Optimus' processor and THERE IS NO OTHER VERSION OF FLASH to try and download on android.

    There is Flash Lite, but as others have mentioned, it will work if someone can port the HTC framework from a phone that ran it - which hasn't been done before. Go ahead and ask them to make a version that will work, but I don't think they will as most (not all) phones that don't support flash 10 will stop being sold soon if they haven't already, considering what we saw at CES.
  18. #68  
    cmags's Avatar

    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default

    Thanks gm for the clear statement,that's all I was looking for.

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
  19. #69  
    scifan's Avatar

    Posts
    396 Posts
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    ROM
    ZVD/ICE CM9 Alpha

    Default

    you know...

    while the phones presented at CES were sexy, sleek and powerful...

    I wouldn't count the "cheap" phones out for a little while longer...

    That being said, I think we have a snow ball's chance of getting flash on this phone.

    Sad part is this class of phone is actually really decent compared to some of the "higher" end phones that have recently been released... I think that's greatly in part to the larger amount of ram that this phone's been imbued with...

    Ram (which is so cheap) has hindered so many phones.

    I have this as my personal phone... and a Droid X as my work phone...

    This phone routinely has 150-200mb of ram free... and runs consistently faster and more smoothly than my droid X... (no, I haven't modded the X... it's my work phone...) but stock to stock this was at least as fast.

    ah well...
  20. #70  
    The DragonTJH's Avatar

    Posts
    122 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Flash Player

    I've been trying to find flash player for my Optimus, I can't seem to pull it up in the market. Any suggestions?
  21. #71  
    justin926's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightlies

    Default

    unfortunately, flash isnt available for the optimus at this time... maybe eventually, but im pretty sure adobe has to officially make it for our device. ):
  22. #72  
    The DragonTJH's Avatar

    Posts
    122 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Bummer.

    Thanks for the info though.
  23. #73  
    IcerC's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,724 Global Posts

    Default

    You can have limited flash playback with skyfire browser though.
  24. #74  

    Default well anything work!

    does anyone know if the phone can use a flash drive yet? cause i really could use one on my phone right about now... thank you!
  25. #75  

    Default

    "a flash drive" as in a USB-connected memory chip that appears as an external drive on a PC? No. Our phone does not have the capability to act as a host to USB devices (as far as I know?), which is required.

    Flash, as in mini-games, videos etc? Not natively. If you want them, use Skyfire, and alternative browser that you can find in the Market.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions