Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

ROM
    Thunder Struck 1.7

Default Flash Player for Optimus S

Can anyone tell me if they have found a flash player that works on the Optimus S? I guess flash 10.1 wont work on our phone cuz of the processor? Anything anyone may offer would be helpful for me at this point.
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Skyfire browser :P works alright
    [/URL]

ROM
    Thunder Struck 1.7

I want to play Netflix on my phone... will that work on Skyfire. I am using the PlayOn app for Netflix.

im interested in this also...would be cool if we had a flash player working, skyfire works fine but my skyfire closes on its own for no reason

ROM
    Thunder Struck 1.7

Quote Originally Posted by omarnova View Post
    im interested in this also...would be cool if we had a flash player working, skyfire works fine but my skyfire closes on its own for no reason
    I agree... I just don’t know how hard it is to get a flash player to work with arm 6. It would be nice if LG would release a fix.

a search for "flash player" would have pointed you to the thread we already have going for this topic. http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...optimus-s.html

ROM
    Thunder Struck 1.7

Quote Originally Posted by captmeach7 View Post
    a search for "flash player" would have pointed you to the thread we already have going for this topic. http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...optimus-s.html
    Yeah that would be great if flash 10.1 worked on our phone but it doesn’t. I am looking for any flash player at all that will bridge the gap.

Default yeah..

Quote Originally Posted by jmzsctt View Post
    Yeah that would be great if flash 10.1 worked on our phone but it doesnt. I am looking for any flash player at all that will bridge the gap.
    If you read through the thread it covers flash players as well.

ROM
    Thunder Struck 1.7

Quote Originally Posted by captmeach7 View Post
    If you read through the thread it covers flash players as well.
    I read a few pages then skipped to the end by which time they are talking about flash drives. I will read the whole thing to try to find what you are talking about.

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

I read that thread and participated as well - the info was hard to find but it seems that the only solution us the sky fire browser. There are * no versions* if flash that will run on an arm 6 processor. Adobe decided to not support them.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Thunder Struck 1.7

Quote Originally Posted by cmags View Post
    I read that thread and participated as well - the info was hard to find but it seems that the only solution us the sky fire browser. There are * no versions* if flash that will run on an arm 6 processor. Adobe decided to not support them.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    Yeah that’s all I could determine myself… I am finding a little on the PlayOn forum that says something about installing a version of flash on arm6 but I can’t find the post. This is the link to the thread the PlayOn support guy gave me and said “Unfortunately PlayOn does require Android 2.2 and Flash...If your phone does support Flash Lite, there was a forum post referencing installing a version of Flash on an ARM6...Here is the thread” but again I am having a hard time finding the post he is talking about.

Default Adobe Flash?

Does the Optimus have Adobe Flash capability? I read somewhere that it doesn't but wanted to verify that here.

Thanks!
    Ally

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Full Stock

Nope
    Thanked by:

Disappointing, isn't it? LG makes the Optimus S [S for Sprint] yet leaves out the right chip for the Flash player to work [since they claim it is in Froyo already]. So when you want to use the browser that came with the handset --it doesn't work. Then you have to search the Android Market and find an app like the Skyfire browser, which converts the video prior to your viewing it...and around the "world" we go. Have a good one!
    Last edited by catlady5353; 03-24-2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: letters missing

ok i need some help, I am trying to use some of the apps that came on my optumis android 2.2.2 and i need the adobe 10.1 flashplayer, now looked at the skyfire but that is a browser, will the skyfire also correct the problems with animewatch. If it doesnt is there something else i can do to correct the problem. I called sprint and the tech told me that there was a secrurity issue with flashplayer 10.1 or .2 (sorry cant remember) so goodle had it removed but that they are going to fix and then re-release. So i am kinda stuck, please help.

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

The Optimus S will never get Flash support because Adobe says the processor archecture is to old for it.

Beeped from my Droid R2D2

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smccloud View Post
    The Optimus S will never get Flash support because Adobe says the processor archecture is to old for it.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default Re: Installing Flash 10.1 on the Optimus S?

Are there viable options for Optimus S owners or should we be looking for refurbished HTC Evos or similar phones?

we get youtube, netflix(if you pay for it of course), and a ton of other video content. its not a bad phone without full flash support.
    Advisor

If you need flash for something just use skyfire browser.

sent from my Reborn Optimus
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!

if you need flash, check this out:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...sh-player.html

ROM
    Depends on my mood

skyfire is a sad shadow if what it used to be...i used to use it way back when it was only available for WinMo. it was the only browser than showed the desktop internet instead of mobile sites, could go anywhere and do anything a computer could, totally rocked. but then they ported it over to android and apple and gave all the server space for winmo to them. Now the app just looks like everyother apple app...lame. and at the same time they booted out all theyre original LOYAL WinMo customers to the curb over night. even tho il love android, Ill never use skyfire again. cause come the next big evolution...theyll just pull the plug on us not-so-new-device users...

and to use flash, they want u to pay, excuse me "donate"...super lame.
    Advisor

If you got it already before a certain date its still free

sent from my Reborn Optimus
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    cleanROM 2.1/xioniaredux

Skyfire is bs now. I pirated the license because I donated at one point

Sent from my clean optimus using a gameboy advance :3

Quote Originally Posted by smccloud View Post

NEVER SAY NEVER!!!

HERE IT IS!! Optimus S, now with... FLASH!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast