Installing Flash 10.1 on the Optimus S?

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I read that thread and participated as well - the info was hard to find but it seems that the only solution us the sky fire browser. There are * no versions* if flash that will run on an arm 6 processor. Adobe decided to not support them.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jmzsctt

jmzsctt

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I read that thread and participated as well - the info was hard to find but it seems that the only solution us the sky fire browser. There are * no versions* if flash that will run on an arm 6 processor. Adobe decided to not support them.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Yeah that’s all I could determine myself… I am finding a little on the PlayOn forum that says something about installing a version of flash on arm6 but I can’t find the post. This is the link to the thread App for Android? | PlayOn the PlayOn support guy gave me and said “Unfortunately PlayOn does require Android 2.2 and Flash...If your phone does support Flash Lite, there was a forum post referencing installing a version of Flash on an ARM6...Here is the thread” but again I am having a hard time finding the post he is talking about.

catlady5353

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Disappointing, isn't it? LG makes the Optimus S [S for Sprint] yet leaves out the right chip for the Flash player to work [since they claim it is in Froyo already]. So when you want to use the browser that came with the handset --it doesn't work. Then you have to search the Android Market and find an app like the Skyfire browser, which converts the video prior to your viewing it...and around the "world" we go. Have a good one!

Last edited:

pinkousoropeza

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
ok i need some help, I am trying to use some of the apps that came on my optumis android 2.2.2 and i need the adobe 10.1 flashplayer, now looked at the skyfire but that is a browser, will the skyfire also correct the problems with animewatch. If it doesnt is there something else i can do to correct the problem. I called sprint and the tech told me that there was a secrurity issue with flashplayer 10.1 or .2 (sorry cant remember) so goodle had it removed but that they are going to fix and then re-release. So i am kinda stuck, please help.:-!

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
The Optimus S will never get Flash support because Adobe says the processor archecture is to old for it.

Beeped from my Droid R2D2

rod_munch

May 9, 2011
Visit site
we get youtube, netflix(if you pay for it of course), and a ton of other video content. its not a bad phone without full flash support.

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
skyfire is a sad shadow if what it used to be...i used to use it way back when it was only available for WinMo. it was the only browser than showed the desktop internet instead of mobile sites, could go anywhere and do anything a computer could, totally rocked. but then they ported it over to android and apple and gave all the server space for winmo to them. Now the app just looks like everyother apple app...lame. and at the same time they booted out all theyre original LOYAL WinMo customers to the curb over night. even tho il love android, Ill never use skyfire again. cause come the next big evolution...theyll just pull the plug on us not-so-new-device users...

and to use flash, they want u to pay, excuse me "donate"...super lame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance