weather widget

MNTwinsFan

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello!

Anyone be able to get the weather widget working? I keep getting a error message:

"Problem calling the weather forecast web service."

Thanks,
Jamie

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Weather widget needs you to allow your phone to connect to the cellular network to determine location. GPS satellite will not work.

Menu > Settings > location and security - check mark use wireless network

Cheers.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, but still no luck.

Oh geeze you're right. Sorry i should have read your error closer. I apologize for that. Didn't mean to send you on a wild goose chase.

Can you try 2 things? These should be done independent of each other.
1) Make sure wireless network and GPs are on (for good measure)
2) Delete the widget.

suggestion #1
Menu > Settings > About phone > Update profile. Now add the widget and see if that helped.

suggestion #2
Reboot the phone. Add widget and see if that helped.

MNTwinsFan

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Oh geeze you're right. Sorry i should have read your error closer. I apologize for that. Didn't mean to send you on a wild goose chase.

Can you try 2 things? These should be done independent of each other.
1) Make sure wireless network and GPs are on (for good measure)
2) Delete the widget.

suggestion #1
Menu > Settings > About phone > Update profile. Now add the widget and see if that helped.

suggestion #2
Reboot the phone. Add widget and see if that helped.

First off, don't be sorry. I thank you for helping me! :)

Second: I did all the above and no change.

It now says: Zipcode can't be found. Also, tried the State/City and it says: Zipcode for Minneapolis, MN can't be found.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
First off, don't be sorry. I thank you for helping me! :)

Second: I did all the above and no change.

It now says: Zipcode can't be found. Also, tried the State/City and it says: Zipcode for Minneapolis, MN can't be found.

Hey were making progress here! Ok so you tried the "use my location" option inside of the widget in the settings and no go? Then tried the "set my location" option and that didn't work either???

MNTwinsFan

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Let's get creative. Go into the app, open settings, uncheck use my location, manually set it to the postal code 49017. Thats Bedford Michigan. See if that updates for you.

First off, I should clear one thing up. This is the Sprint weather widget. That comes with the phone. (Under Sprint ID)

Second: It couldn't find 49017 and Bedford, Michigan.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Well....
1) You tuned on GPS and network location settings (Menu > Settings > Location and Security - check use wireless and check use gps)
2) You went into the widget and manually set the location to where you are and also tried another location which i verified worked on my phone (click the widget - Menu > Settings > Weather Settings )

I'm fresh outta ideas.

MNTwinsFan

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Well....
1) You tuned on GPS and network location settings (Menu > Settings > Location and Security - check use wireless and check use gps)
2) You went into the widget and manually set the location to where you are and also tried another location which i verified worked on my phone (click the widget - Menu > Settings > Weather Settings )

I'm fresh outta ideas.

I click the widget, but i can't get the menu.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781