Optimus Software update

lilskippy

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone else get the software update pushed out to them on the Optimus S. I was sitting there last night and it pushed Swype as the recomended keyboard and some exchange fixes. I had'nt heard there were any updates coming. Swype works great as usual but I dont use an exchange email service so I don't know how that one worked out.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Did anyone else get the software update pushed out to them on the Optimus S. I was sitting there last night and it pushed Swype as the recomended keyboard and some exchange fixes. I had'nt heard there were any updates coming. Swype works great as usual but I dont use an exchange email service so I don't know how that one worked out.

Are you sure you're talking about the optimus S or the optimus T? The optimus S doesnt have swype. The Optimus T does. And they both had a bug with exchange :p

Just wondering if LS670ZV9 is coming with swype as a new feature.

EDIT - Can you do me a favor please and verify you have LS670ZV9 by going to Menu > settings > about phone - SW version

If you have V9 , feel like seeing if it's rootable? please :)

Last edited:

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I can't get it to give me V09. As for Swype he may be in the official beta like I am. I have Swype on my Optimus S.

lilskippy

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the LS670ZV9 as the software version,
Android version is 2.2.1
Build number is FRG83
Baseband LS670MV9_6040
I should have checked before I did the update but I was half asleep and didn't think about it
I am on the official Swype Beta also but it didn't look like that mattered with the update and how would LG or Sprint know if I was on the Beta Swype list? Unless they got the list but that doesn't make sense to me.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So question is, with a rooted optimus s, will we lose root doing the update or even do the update with it rooted?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
So question is, with a rooted optimus s, will we lose root doing the update or even do the update with it rooted?

@gabbot - yes

@ anybody on V9 - Somebody with v9 root that sucker. Hell download z4root and and run it (uninstall lookout first if you have it). I just want to know if they did anything to the kernel to block rageagainstthecage.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I'd help but I keep checking the firmware update and it says no update so I guess I'm not in the OTA pool yet :/

Last edited:

phxdroid

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The OTA came across a few minutes ago on my daughters phone. It will probably be a day or two till can sit down and attempt to root. will let ya know.

How jealous am I ? My daughter has swipe and I don't on my evo....

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
so is it confirmed then that v9 comes with swype now? I have swype on my phone (through legal channels) but I would be curious to know if everyone with an O-S gets it now. Thats would be sweet.

@ phxdroid
You could try to root it and find out in less than 2 minutes if you download the app z4root free from the market :) it also has an "unroot" button so your daughter would be non the wiser what her dear old dad was up to lol!!

Chum

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Wait a sec... there is an update for the Sprint Optimus S being pushed out... that includes the Swype keyboard?

joelvds

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
SD issue fixed?

I haven't gotten the update yet. But I am having terrible problems with my SD card unmounting while it is still in there. I have to reboot multiple times a day to get it working. It seems like a software problem. Has anyone with the update had this problem and does the update seem to fix it?

Chum

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Has it been confirmed that this OTA update includes Swype?

My next question... what happens if I already have Swype installed on the Optimus (I'm part of the beta)? Maybe I should uninstall it first?

psg190

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Has it been confirmed that this OTA update includes Swype?

My next question... what happens if I already have Swype installed on the Optimus (I'm part of the beta)? Maybe I should uninstall it first?

Yes, the OTA update includes Swype as well as enhancements to Exchange. I'm not sure whether or not you should uninstall your existing installation. The update may just overwrite it.

psg190

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
No, I should have had something running to log where the update was coming from before I downloaded it. :(. I have two more phones that still need the update though.