Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Original 2.3.4

Came across Missed Message flasher. Tested it and it works great on my Optimus. On my phone anything lower than 250ms for flash duration allows buttons to flash and screen doesn't come on.

[Request] Backlight notifier - xda-developers
    Thanked by 2:

Default Hard Buttons

Can't someone do an APP which will flash the Hard Buttons on the phone? They light up when it's plugged in to AC.

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Original 2.3.4

Read above. That app flashes buttons

I have mixed message flasher set to 50ms, and My screen still flashes. I am on thunder rom 1.5. Any thing I can do to prevent this?

Stupid question here, what are those weird look SKU squares at the start of the post? Am I supposed to just scan those with my phone or something?

Quote Originally Posted by kcmookie View Post
    Stupid question here, what are those weird look SKU squares at the start of the post? Am I supposed to just scan those with my phone or something?
    They are QR codes. Download any of the free scanners from the market that support QR codes like "barcode scanner" (free), open it up, point it at the QR, marvel at the magic of modern technology
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lego Rom

Quote Originally Posted by kcmookie View Post
    they are QR codes. like upcs. you can scan then using a scanner in the android store and they act as a direct link.

Quote Originally Posted by maxzar100 View Post
    I have mixed message flasher set to 50ms, and My screen still flashes. I am on thunder rom 1.5. Any thing I can do to prevent this?
    I used the default 250ms on mixed message flasher and it works great for me! The button LEDs are pretty dim though. I'm on Thunder Rom 1.5 as well.

Default Mixed Message Flasher

Can someone tell me where to get Mixed Message Flasher.
    I can't find it on AppBrain or by googling it.
    Thanks..

NEVER MIND-I think I found it. It's called Missed Message Flasher (not Mixed :-) ). Says it uses a lot of battery..

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Default Question about 'Flash Notify' on Optimus S

Someone was kind enough to recommend this app for notifications due to the lack of LED on the Optimus...I was just wondering if anyone else has used it and if so, what kind of hit it takes on the battery.

Thanks!

J43

I installed it right after getting the phone, but it doesn't seem to alert watchdog lite for battery usage. I have it so it flashes every 30 seconds and without a notification sound and I don't think it affects my battery much. it flashes very quickly.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Quote Originally Posted by digitallove View Post
    I installed it right after getting the phone, but it doesn't seem to alert watchdog lite for battery usage. I have it so it flashes every 30 seconds and without a notification sound and I don't think it affects my battery much. it flashes very quickly.
    Yes, I've noticed it doesn't even flash for MMS...but that's ok. Missed calls and texts are good enough I suppose. I was mainly worried about battery life. Thank you!

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unlocked not rooted

I love it! It does flash very quickly and sometimes I don't notice it but I use Facebook Pop as a notification. It is a very descreet sound that only I usually even notice. When I get a text/mms/missed call I have it go off every 30 seconds for 15 minutes after it comes in. It's a great little app and seems to have very little effect on my battery

ROM
    Hyperdragon, ThundeROM

Just a sugestion, you really should stop making new threads for every question you have about something, when there are threads already posted about the topic of which your threads seem to always be related to.

For instance KSmithInNY already linked you to this thread:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...us-phones.html
    Which would be a good place to ask this question in as it is related to your subject.

Otherwise they will keep locking your threads, the forum search feature is your friend, forum clutter is not. =)

*edit*
    I see the thread I posted in has been moved, thank you Beezy, Ksmith, or whomever moved it to the correct location.
    .:[ Official LegoROM Mirror ]:.
    .:[ Official ThundeROM Mirror ]:.
    "The Digital Generation Lives On"

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Default Can the Optimus S's lighted buttons be turned on without also turning on the screen?

Hello; here's a question:

Does anyone know if it would be possible to write a program that would flash the Optimus S's lighted buttons as a notification without also flashing the screen? Or, in other words, can the lighting of the screen and the buttons on the Optimus S be separately controlled?

I know that by running "Missed Message Flasher," one can sort of manage this, by setting the screen and buttons to flash so briefly that the screen doesn't have time to turn on.

But I wonder if there is a way that a developer with enough knowledge could create a program that could really have the lighted buttons turn on and off, without making the screen turn on, however long the buttons are set to flash?

It would be nice to have a dedicated app to control the flashing buttons independently from the screen backlight, but I don't know if the hardware on the Optimus allows this, even in theory (For all I know, it's the very same wire that powers both the button lights and the LCD backlight, which would be unfortunate).

Any thoughts?
    Banned

ROM
    nROM/Xionia 007

Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    Hello; here's a question:

Does anyone know if it would be possible to write a program that would flash the Optimus S's lighted buttons as a notification without also flashing the screen? Or, in other words, can the lighting of the screen and the buttons on the Optimus S be separately controlled?

I know that by running "Missed Message Flasher," one can sort of manage this, by setting the screen and buttons to flash so briefly that the screen doesn't have time to turn on.

But I wonder if there is a way that a developer with enough knowledge could create a program that could really have the lighted buttons turn on and off, without making the screen turn on, however long the buttons are set to flash?

It would be nice to have a dedicated app to control the flashing buttons independently from the screen backlight, but I don't know if the hardware on the Optimus allows this, even in theory (For all I know, it's the very same wire that powers both the button lights and the LCD backlight, which would be unfortunate).

Any thoughts?
    yes I wish there was an app like that. Maybe Beezy or Nick7 might make one

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Bon View Post
    yes I wish there was an app like that. Maybe Beezy or Nick7 might make one
    Theres always the option for you to do it and add it to your line of work thats improved the android community.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Lightbulb Notification of calls and messages??? How?

I'm not quite sure what to call this, so was stymied in my searches. On the Optimus, as far as I can tell you have no idea if a call or message has come in while you weren't looking or listening. My "dumb phone" spoilt me....

is there a way? I've had to resort to trying to remember to pick it up, get the screen on, and look to see if any notice is sitting there.

is there an app that will beep or something periodically to let you know that yo Momma called???

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by cognus View Post
    I'm not quite sure what to call this, so was stymied in my searches. On the Optimus, as far as I can tell you have no idea if a call or message has come in while you weren't looking or listening. My "dumb phone" spoilt me....

is there a way? I've had to resort to trying to remember to pick it up, get the screen on, and look to see if any notice is sitting there.

is there an app that will beep or something periodically to let you know that yo Momma called???
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...us-phones.html
    Thanked by 2:
    cognusIhorn 

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

fantastic
    thankee Shorty!

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

SMSAwake is missing

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

for the record I tried FlashNotify. nice settings nice interface but it was buggy on my Froyo 'T' model. It worked in flash mode, but when I turned the audible alert on, it killed the flash permanently. could never get it to work after that. Also seems to get frozen by other apps but that's just an observation... not sure what was going on under the hood. Also it will not shutoff until everything is cleared up, and then it has a delay before it gets the message.

Handcent does an automatic pop up if you configure it to

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Default none stable

I've yet to find one of the flasher's or audios that works consistently.
    it seems that anything else loaded on the system that deals with the powersave screenoff function interferes with all others.
    if anyone knows of a notification 'flasher' that is robust enough to ignore other intrusions, please post.

the handcent popup does work, but its buggy in how it displays... in fact as best I can tell, the default messaging program gets invoked by the handcent popup. in other words, when one opens/accesses the handcent "popup" that pops up, its not the handcent conversation window.

speaking of handcent - does anyone have a good forum for that one? it has one major issue that has me looking for a better alternative

Thanks for this!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast