Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks will try them out

Nicely laid out and easy to follow....Thanks

Default Re: Apps to help replace missing LED's on Optimus phones

ive tried all three of the options listed, and i still think handcent is the best. my phone is usually in my pocket anyway, and is always on vibrate. even when i dont feel it, i check it every 10 minutes lol. force of habit ;p

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    ROM
    Reborn

i know this phone has no led but, what are the 2 circles up in the area near the sprint logo, if you havent seen them check it out next time you are in the sun
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

That's the screen wake/sleep sensor. When in a call, the screen will sleep when the phone is up against your ear.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    ROM
    Reborn

^droppin science again, is there a reason why there is 2 of them ?

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Notifications, and
    Messaging, [the simply horrid embedded monster they call messaging]
    are the two worst liabilities of this phone/handset/thing. I actually got LG to open a "case" for me to refer these to the product team as "flaws" or whatever. just a simply abysmal fail on the part of product managers [not the engineers... who actually did pretty well with the confines they were assigned].
    other than these two dreadful and potentially fatal flaws, this is a great product at its pricepoint.

I've found no good way around either of these intractable nuisances... the embedded corruption defeats every attempt, so far, to remedy these and make the phone useful.

ROM
    mik_os CM7

For what it's worth, I prefer Tasker profiles for missed notifications. The apps listed in the first post are all lacking in one way or another. With Tasker I'm able to set notifications for calendar, google voice, etc. Downside is battery drain due to wakelocks.

LED... I'll never buy another smartphone without it.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    ROM
    HYdroROM 1.1.0

I don't understand the premise. What with one reason and another, I look at my phone often enough that I will see any incoming calls/voicemails/emails soon enough, regardless. I certainly don't need to have my battery drained by a bright blinking light.

When I deliberately pick up the phone to look at it, that's when I can address your message.
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Penguin View Post
    I don't understand the premise. What with one reason and another, I look at my phone often enough that I will see any incoming calls/voicemails/emails soon enough, regardless. I certainly don't need to have my battery drained by a bright blinking light.

When I deliberately pick up the phone to look at it, that's when I can address your message.
    Necro on a sticky? LOL

I get what you're saying; elminating some nag factor is a positive thing. However, some of us like to know subtly but immediately when we have a new notification. If I step away from my desk for a few seconds without the phone, it's nice to know if I have a new message or an appointment reminder upon returning. I was 4 minutes late to a conference call today and it probably could have been avoided by a blinking LED or a supplementary app.
    Last edited by epidenimus; 07-24-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Talking Re: Apps to help replace missing LED's on Optimus phones

"Necro" a good term!
    I thought this was dead/buried.

I guess I am in the minority that feel uncompelled to pay attention to my cellphone just in case someone msgs or whatever. its fine with me if nothing happens on it all day, except for business/emergencies.
    the only app I have found that is reliable [with some stipulations] is "Missed Message Flasher". I've tried a number of others.

cheers

and... unsolicited P.S. ... I know of no 'custom rom' that can reliably effect wifi calling. zero/zilch/nada.

Opti will still be in my possession until google unfragments and Microsoft plays the last card in their hand... shortly now.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123