Apps to help replace missing LED's on Optimus phones

RaSpewTin

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Here are some suggested apps for people to check out which might help you not miss that LED so much. If you find an app thats missing please post the info in this thread so the first post can be updated. Thanks.

NoLED (Free) - Androlib link - App brain link
chart

FlashNotify (Free) - Androlib link - App brain link
chart

Missed Reminder (Free) - Androlib link - App brain link
chart

Missed Message Flasher (Free) - Androlib Link - App brain link
chart

Last edited by a moderator:

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I just tried NoLED and I thought it sucked. I use Handcent SMS and when I received a text the quick reply box popped up and stayed there without ever turning the screen back off. I could see the NoLED icon floating around the screen behind the quick reply box but it seemed to cause my phone not to sleep :( Not cool at all.

jtay

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I tried NoLED, but that was just an icon floating around the screen. FlashNotify flashes the whole screen, and also allows an audible notification every time it flashes. It doesn't work for emails and voice mails, only SMS and missed calls. That's fine though, all I was looking for.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I tried NoLED, but that was just an icon floating around the screen. FlashNotify flashes the whole screen, and also allows an audible notification every time it flashes. It doesn't work for emails and voice mails, only SMS and missed calls. That's fine though, all I was looking for.

Maybe email the developer and let him know theres a whole net set of phones on the market that need his app. Maybe he can include notifications for things like VM and email and stuff.

jtay

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Maybe email the developer and let him know theres a whole net set of phones on the market that need his app. Maybe he can include notifications for things like VM and email and stuff.

I already did.

Voicemail, for me anyway, is usually the result of a missed call, so they kinda go hand in hand. Would be nice to have an email notification though.

1D10T

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I installed flash notify on my wife's phone and it works well. You have a lot of control over how often ur screen flashes and the duration. But does anyone know if it makes entering new contacts difficult?

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not worried about it...

Not really worried about notifications myself...

I mean I check the phone frequently enough throughout the day that it doesn't matter if there is an LED notify.

I always found those LED's to be annoying anyway, especially when you have a lot of emails or text a lot.

I think the NOLED is a great concept and maybe if it was a static "better looking" image I would give it a try. I really like the idea of the screen essentially being off but a slightly transparent ghostly clock that showed through.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung Moment had the same issue. A dude over at SDX developers made an application that lit up the capacitive keys when there was a notification. This might be possible for the Optimus S, however I don't know how effective it would be since the hardware buttons do not light up very bright.

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung Moment had the same issue. A dude over at SDX developers made an application that lit up the capacitive keys when there was a notification. This might be possible for the Optimus S, however I don't know how effective it would be since the hardware buttons do not light up very bright.

Normally I'd say that was a much better idea than actually lighting up the screen. But as you mentioned the hardware buttons on the optimus are extremely weak and dim. Half the time I barely notice them in total darkness :)

fatal99

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
First post, longtime troller. Using Flashnotify, will probably donate, it seems to be working quite well. I wouldn't even notice the buttons lighting up in my office, too much light going on, but a good idea for nighttime, I loved the little button on my Pre lighting up to let me know I had something waiting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance