How to Install a bigger SD Card

gasgeek

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Wondering if someone can help. How do I install a new SD card and move all the data from the old card to the new card? 2GB is just not big enough any more. Thanks.
Also, what speed class should I use .... class 4 OK ? or class 6 and faster ??

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Likely unnecessary, but I put my old SD card into my PC, then used 7zip to make a tar of the entire thing. Then put my new SD Card into the PC, then untarred.

Likely you can just copy to a temp folder.

The faster the better, especially if you plan on using apps2sd

Reactions: gasgeek

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You can copy the whole thing to the pc then to the new one. I had no problems when I did that.

Class 4 is fine. Good price/performance ratio.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gasgeek

gasgeek

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I thought some of the files will not copy from SD card as they are protected, I saw this happening when I was backing up the whole card on my PC and a few of the files didn't copy.

gasgeek

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Likely unnecessary, but I put my old SD card into my PC, then used 7zip to make a tar of the entire thing. Then put my new SD Card into the PC, then untarred.

Likely you can just copy to a temp folder.

The faster the better, especially if you plan on using apps2sd

Just a side question, how good is that app "apps2sd" I've heard that it doesn't work very well, some of the apps that it transfers don't work properly. For me having such a small internal memory is just not something that I want to worry about in this age of Tera and Gigabytes.