I currently got the Optimus S and would like to use it before activating it on my account, so is there anyway to bypass the Sprint Zone/Activation? Thank you.
    11-29-2010 10:54 PM
    I'd like to know this too, I receive mine in a couple of days.
    11-29-2010 11:11 PM
    You should be able to choose a id it will fail and then should load with a notification in the cornor.
    11-29-2010 11:15 PM
    There is a "clean ID" that has very little if anything to it
    11-30-2010 05:15 AM
    When I got mine I looked for a way on google and this will work I had got my a week before released and I wasnt able to activate so I did this and it did work after tapping all four cornner you might have to tap the middle of the screen I did this at the black loading screen or use the emergency sreen to here go to this page for better directions Droid Bypass Activation | Motorola Droid Phone Reset | Phone Locked up after reset. hope that helps ;-)
    11-30-2010 08:59 AM
    Just load the ID, root your phone, flash the custom recovery, & flash the custom rom before setting up your phone....

***poof*** No more ID
    11-30-2010 10:50 AM
    the voice dial button is your friend. On the black loading screen that you can't seem to do anything from press the voice dial button and say wi-fi, it should bring you to wi-fi settings. turn wi-fi on. voice dial again say market. download z4root and install and run. download titanium backup, install and run. from titanium backup uninstall sprint id and you're in.
    kalex, youhe, efren#AC and 2 others like this.
    12-03-2010 07:04 AM
    the way i bypassed it is to use the Voice Dialer to launch Application Settings and enable USB Debugging under Development
    I use CDMA Workshop to read the SPC and change it to 000000
    then you can use Dialer on phone:
    ##PROGRAM670 and press Dial button
    Now go into phone programming and put in some number and MIN.
    once done the phone thinks it has been activated
    youhe likes this.
    01-17-2011 09:37 PM
    the voice dial button is your friend. On the black loading screen that you can't seem to do anything from press the voice dial button and say wi-fi, it should bring you to wi-fi settings. turn wi-fi on. voice dial again say market. download z4root and install and run. download titanium backup, install and run. from titanium backup uninstall sprint id and you're in.
    awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-07-2011 09:46 AM
    I have another method to resolve this issue at least it worked for me just press the voice dialer and say "open sprint id" you will see the option press it and you should be presented with Switch id's get new id and such open Swithc IDs and select My ID and voila. you should be in the main menu
    02-16-2011 11:46 AM
    I have another method to resolve this issue at least it worked for me just press the voice dialer and say "open sprint id" you will see the option press it and you should be presented with Switch id's get new id and such open Swithc IDs and select My ID and voila. you should be in the main menu
    Thanks adrianrodri. That definitely works!!!!!
    nec17 likes this.
    02-17-2011 06:17 PM
    This way worked for me too. Actually, from my experiences, the voice dialer works best. I've never rooted or flashed a ROM before, but thanks to the suggestions using the voice dialer, I can access just about everything now and stop the Sprint ID request.
    03-10-2011 07:40 PM
    this one works no joke its easy
    05-13-2011 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD