Syncing music using Windows Media Player, playlist not coming through

DroidCake

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Howdy,

Looking for some direction for Windows Media Player music syncing via USB cable. Not sure if I have set things up correctly

Running Windows 7 64bit Home Premium. 16GB Card.

I've loaded all the drivers, turned on the USB debugging and the system sees the phone as a storage device and several other devices once the debugging was turned on. The LG updater sees the phone after I turned on debugging. WMP player does not see the phone or android device, only a drive letter once I hit the "turn on usb storage" button on the phone. Also I have to make sure I do this before I fire up WMP before I turn on the usb storage on the phone or I have to go to the devices section of WMP and refresh it. WMP will not auto refresh devices. When I sync the playlist the music files are copied but no playlist is transferred which is the reason I want to use WMP. I'm setting this up for someone who needs a simple operation.

Anyone using WMP for this purpose on the Optimus S? Any tips? Am I going about this the wrong way?

Thanks,

~DC

SweetBearCub

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I can't be certain, but as far as I know, the reason the WMP playlists aren't transferring (but the media files are) is that WMP only transfers playlists if it recognizes the device as a specific kind of compatible media player device, and not just a "dumb" flash drive.

Good luck on finding a solution. If you do, please let the forum know!

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Try Doubletwist with Airsync to send music to your phone. Works great for me. Drag-n-drop songs over wifi to the phone from your pc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38