Does native email app support yahoo imap?

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm deciding between native email app and k9 and since k9 seems a bit complicated to me, I was wondering how is native email app? Is it worth using it or should I switch to K9 and just get use to it?

Thanks

Alex

apinkel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how best to setup my yahoo mail account as well.

I'm currently using "better email" since it has a desktop widget that shows me the number of unread messages in my yahoo inbox (I couldn't find anything decent that would do this with the stock email app).

I see yahoo also has an email app in the marketplace... I haven't tried that yet.

gizmosears

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can use the email app. Hit menu, add account. Put in your yahoo information. Then at the bottom left tap manual. On the next page tap imap. On the top line make sure your full email address is typed in. Then where it says imap server type "imap.mail.yahoo.com", then next page under smtp server type "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" then finish.

Reactions: kalex

Evan

May 13, 2010
Visit site
You should check out the Yahoo email app. I switched from yahoo to gmail right around when it came out, so I didn't use it much, but it seemed like it might be pretty good.

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I usually don't like these apps as I try to use what is already on the phone and keep installations to minimum because of lack of available space. I've been running native email app connecting to yahoo imap and its been working pretty stable for past 2 days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund