Won't play .mp4 files

loudang

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Call me a noob...

Did the root and nandroid stuff no problem. I use DVDFab8 to convert movies to "generic.mp4.h264.aac" format, set the resolution to 480x270 (I know not what the Optimus screen is 480x320) convert the file, put on SD card.

Using ASTRO I go to open the file and get "Cannot play video". Does the .mp4 have to go in a certain folder on the SD or is there a better format to convert to so it will work.

Thanks

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I use the gallery or Zimly from the marketplace to play my MP4. They are encoded the same as yours.

EDIT: Did you flash Thunderom or only Root? Some Mp4 aren't working for me now and im trying to find where exactly the problem is.

Last edited:

loudang

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Only rooted... Tried to put mp4 files in Camera folder so they appear in the Gallery but still will not play. Added Zimly app, still won't play get "It may be DRM protected or unsupported format".

EDIT: Using DVDFab converted video to 3GP and it will play. Quality is not the best, good, but could be better. Will have to adjust DVDFab settings. Works with Zimly and thru Gallery.

Also converted to ipod.mpeg4 format. Looks great and works fine.

Last edited:

Kalums

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Playing MP4 Videos?

ok so.. y cant i watch videos? ive tried mp4s it says "unable to diplay" ive tried every format i can think of (accept the BB format 3gp or whatever it is) i need either some serious mental help or a little " i'm having a stupid moment" help either way.... HELP! so i have a bunch of movies in mp4 format (thx to handbrake) and i want to view them on my optimus... any ideas? :confused:

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Which

mp4 is just a container. Use gspot or mediainfo to see how the videos are encoded. Are you on the stock ROM or custom?

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
ThundeRom

Im using ThundeROM 1.3 with Zefie's OC kernel... the codec is H.264(x264)

After flashing TR i had to flash the JIT only buildprop to be able to watch h264 again. There is an issue with stagefright and some formats. Go to the flashable buildprop thread to get it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer