Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Sprint's contract with most carriers only allows for 1xrtt data roaming. It depends on what tower you are roaming on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick7 View Post
    Sprint's contract with most carriers only allows for 1xrtt data roaming. It depends on what tower you are roaming on.
    I know a lot of their roaming agreements only allow 1X. What I am saying is that when I force roam, my phone connects to an Alltel network SID 1372, which is not Verizon's SID 26 for Minnesota. When I force roam, it connects only to 1X but when I have my phone on automatic, when I roam because of no sprint signal, still on the same 1372 SID, I connect to EVDO Rev. A through the same alltel network. I have tested this in the same area on my college campus and it is exactly what I'm describing. PRL 60672 allows EVDO roaming on SID 1372 as did 60671. I have tested this many times and when I had the EVO just a week ago and had the Roam Control app, when I forced roam, it connected to 3G EVDO as well but with your method, I am forced to 1X only?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

I don't have an explanation for this. Maybe it's the way LG built in their force roaming enforcement.
    DROID Master

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    ROM

Works great!

Quote Originally Posted by dcshobby View Post
    Hello. I downloaded the apk and when I force the roam to roam, it does not connect to EVDO but only 1X. When I have the phone on automatic and it roams automatically when there is no Sprint native signal, it roams and connects to 3G but it will NOT do this when I force it to roam. Do you know why this would do this only when I force to roam and not when it roams automatically?

I did not mess with the other settings in there either.
    I was curious about this aswell...I love being able to have full bars when i force roam in a location with poor Sprint service. But I hate always being stuck on 1x. Either way its a good comprimise to atleat be able to make/recieve calls.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Wait for me to come out with my PRL hack then. For now this will work.

Personally for me I would do exactly what the developer did for SetCPU...He kept it free for members of XDA and charges in the market place.

When refined with exact controls I would have no problem paying like .99 for it.

Just a suggestion...
    "aliter ictus diversis folks"
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

It costs $25 dollars to be a registered developer on the Android market. This project is on hold for the time being since it is stable and works, but when I get the time to add on to it (and I have the money..) I'll put it on the market for a small fee.
    Thanked by:

Nick7,

Thank you for making this app available, it works like a charm. It was easy to install using the Astro app, and I'm not very savvy with cellphone technical stuff.

At my job, I have always had to go outside to avoid dropping calls. Now I don't have to freeze my **** off. Thanks again!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by postman View Post
    Nick7,

Thank you for making this app available, it works like a charm. It was easy to install using the Astro app, and I'm not very savvy with cellphone technical stuff.

At my job, I have always had to go outside to avoid dropping calls. Now I don't have to freeze my **** off. Thanks again!
    Glad I could help. I'll let you guys know when the new version is ready to be released on the market.

I know "Roam Control" doesn't work on the Optimus, but there's another app on the market called "Roam Override" which claims to work on the Optimus without root. Has a widget.

I haven't tried it yet, but plan to when I travel for the holidays and actually setup my google checkout.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Yes! I just got a PRL hack up and running. Connected to Verizon towers with great service and EVDO. I'll post up a how to guide later tonight.
    Thanked by:
    kalex 

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    ROM
    Original 2.3.4

Nice. can't wait

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick7 View Post
    Yes! I just got a PRL hack up and running. Connected to Verizon towers with great service and EVDO. I'll post up a how to guide later tonight.
    please post your directions....

Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    please post your directions....
    He already did so, but in a separate post:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...-swapping.html

ROM
    Kraven CM7.2

Default Roam Only Widget

I use LauncherPro and have an Activity icon but I have to navigate through a few screens to enable roaming. I've searched around to find how to make a Widget with the options of "Any" meaning Sprint first or roam if no Sprint, and "Roam Only" meaning, well roam. Can some one help a person that is new to an Android device head into the right path?

ROM
    Kraven CM7.2

Ah. I must have been using the wrong terms.

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - Maybe OC Kernel

lol it's a stick in this section. actually (with this post being the last post in this section) it's directly above this post.

Smile Thank you

Nick, I just wanted to say "Thank you" for creating this app.

At work I sit in a Sprint dead zone, so I used to have to keep my phone shut off or else the battery would drain very quickly switching in and out of roaming. With this app, I can actually keep my phone on at work.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by Titus37 View Post
    Nick, I just wanted to say "Thank you" for creating this app.

At work I sit in a Sprint dead zone, so I used to have to keep my phone shut off or else the battery would drain very quickly switching in and out of roaming. With this app, I can actually keep my phone on at work.
    You are very welcome good sir!
    [/URL]
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

I accidentally changed some of the settings...what are the defaults? Thanks guys.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreynothing43 View Post
    I accidentally changed some of the settings...what are the defaults? Thanks guys.
    Default is the top radio button for all for options.
    [/URL]

Thanks for the app, but it didn't help on my new Optimus V. Setting it to 'roam only' or 'affiliated' causes it to lose signal entirely. For 'any' or 'home only' I get maybe 1 bar in my apartment... and none inside the building at work across the street. This is confusing, because Verizon is the dominant signal in the area and I even have a fairly new dual-band repeater in my place, which works fine with my old cell (at&t). I'll keep messing with it, but I'm losing hope.

ROM
    Deck Rom w/Matr1x Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Erilaz View Post
    Thanks for the app, but it didn't help on my new Optimus V. Setting it to 'roam only' or 'affiliated' causes it to lose signal entirely. For 'any' or 'home only' I get maybe 1 bar in my apartment... and none inside the building at work across the street. This is confusing, because Verizon is the dominant signal in the area and I even have a fairly new dual-band repeater in my place, which works fine with my old cell (at&t). I'll keep messing with it, but I'm losing hope.
    I'm pretty sure that there is no roaming on Virgin Mobile. If you are not connected to a Sprint tower, your text messages and voicemails will be saved for 72 hours.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast