Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

ROM
    gROM 2.2 modded

This has been answered three posts ago...
    This app is only specific to the LG Optimus - this is why it's named Roam Control Optimus
    So to your question, no.

Anyone know if this app still works after the 3/17 firmware upgrade for Optimus S - LS670ZVD?

On some other forums, folks are saying it adds Flash support and some other things which might be nice, but I rely on the Roam Control app at work to get a usable signal!

ROM
    gROM 2.2 modded

Works for me...

For some reason I'm no longer getting a data connection on roam only, still roams and works on the any setting. Doing this on both t. R. And nROM running vd..... worked great for a while.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #80  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjac View Post
    For some reason I'm no longer getting a data connection on roam only, still roams and works on the any setting. Doing this on both t. R. And nROM running vd..... worked great for a while.
    Works for me. Make sure you enabled data roaming in Network Settings.
    [/URL]

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerRom and Hydrokernal

I was having a problem using the roam feature and I found that if I go into the band preference and select "cell only" my roaming is much better.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Im having an issue i flashed your rom last night nick and i havnt had internet since.... it says EV or 1x im not sure whats happening ive tried everything i know to.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #83  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by jbb421 View Post
    Im having an issue i flashed your rom last night nick and i havnt had internet since.... it says EV or 1x im not sure whats happening ive tried everything i know to.
    Under settings -> about phone does it say that you have a VD baseband? The ROM requires it.
    [/URL]
    Thanked by:
    bobbb 

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick7 View Post
    Under settings -> about phone does it say that you have a VD baseband? The ROM requires it.
    Yes it does.... now i think ive bricked it ><

If you flash nROM 1.6.3, ThundeROM 1.8.2 or NamelessROM then it will say VD baseband no matter what radio you have because that information is static. You flashed a VD built ROM so that field will say VD despite whatever radio you truly have. This is why it's important to read OP's, all 3 of the mentioned ROMs listed above state you need a VD baseband prior to flashing it. If you flash a VD based ROM with MVDPM.apk included on a phone that doesnt have a VD radio, one or a combination of things will happen:
    1) Your phone will only get 1xrtt connection
    AND/OR
    2) Your phone will constantly try doing a handsfree activation

To fix it you need to nand restore back to the nand you made before flashing the ROM (you did make a nand backup, correct?) and use the LG updater tool to update the phone to VD baseband, then flash the VD based ROM. You cannot try updating the VD radio while on the VD based ROM because the LG updater tool will think you're on VD because of our software version.

EDIT # 1: I'll find you the instructions and post a link and JIC you don't have a backup I'll find you a compatible ROM to make it easier.

EDIT # 2: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...your-data.html <----- Thats the thread on how to update your baseband without losing root.

EDIT # 3: If you didnt make a nand backup before flashing, which BTW is a big no no, then you're going to need to figure out which baseband you have. To do that go to the ThundeROM distribution page and try flashing Version 1.7 ..... if that works congrats, you have a VC baseband and are running VC software that the LG updater tool will work with now you can follow the instructions on updating your baseband. If 1.7 doesn't work, download and flash 1.6.2 .... this is your only other option and so if this works it means you have a v9 baseband and are running v9 software. Now, follow the instructions on updating your baseband.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
    Thanked by:
    bobbb 

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    If you flash nROM 1.6.3, ThundeROM 1.8.2 or NamelessROM then it will say VD baseband no matter what radio you have because that information is static. You flashed a VD built ROM so that field will say VD despite whatever radio you truly have. This is why it's important to read OP's, all 3 of the mentioned ROMs listed above state you need a VD baseband prior to flashing it. If you flash a VD based ROM with MVDPM.apk included on a phone that doesnt have a VD radio, one or a combination of things will happen:
    1) Your phone will only get 1xrtt connection
    AND/OR
    2) Your phone will constantly try doing a handsfree activation

To fix it you need to nand restore back to the nand you made before flashing the ROM (you did make a nand backup, correct?) and use the LG updater tool to update the phone to VD baseband, then flash the VD based ROM. You cannot try updating the VD radio while on the VD based ROM because the LG updater tool will think you're on VD because of our software version.

EDIT # 1: I'll find you the instructions and post a link and JIC you don't have a backup I'll find you a compatible ROM to make it easier.

EDIT # 2: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...your-data.html <----- Thats the thread on how to update your baseband without losing root.

EDIT # 3: If you didnt make a nand backup before flashing, which BTW is a big no no, then you're going to need to figure out which baseband you have. To do that go to the ThundeROM distribution page and try flashing Version 1.7 ..... if that works congrats, you have a VC baseband and are running VC software that the LG updater tool will work with now you can follow the instructions on updating your baseband. If 1.7 doesn't work, download and flash 1.6.2 .... this is your only other option and so if this works it means you have a v9 baseband and are running v9 software. Now, follow the instructions on updating your baseband.
    :O your amazing... i did make a nand backup but it is corrupt or something... it wont restore for anything so i guess i will be need that rom and as for the rest ill go try that now thank you again
    Ok i cant do the second one because im stuck in recovery.... i have a thread started on the forums if you wanna help pitch in to helping my dumbness

great app. i drive through spotty service areas all day and this is the only thing keeping my battery alive. i know i shouldn't mess with the other settings, but i am curious if they do anything beneficial, especially in relation to internet. in an aside, when i reboot in an area where i know i can't get a sprint signal, i get 3g for a few minutes. no complaints with that, just want to know if i can prolong my connection

running namelessrom, and thanks for the app!

thanks!

Thanks for the work.

cant wait to try it...only roaming service at my house

Where do I find this app.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #92  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by msmith2011 View Post
    Where do I find this app.
    First post
    [/URL]

Cool Roam Control

Will this help me to get a signal in the areas where I have trouble getting one. Thanks for any help you can offer.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #94  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by irishluck1973 View Post
    Will this help me to get a signal in the areas where I have trouble getting one. Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Maybe. Try it.
    [/URL]

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

The forum says I need to make at least one post before I download, so here's my requisite post.

Thanks for the app!

Good Job!

thanks for the app

Thanks for the app

I need roam control for my thunderbolt

thanks for this
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast