Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: [APP] Roam Control Optimus (NO ROOT REQUIRED)

Ok so I was prompted to upgrade to gingerbread today by the optimus. So far, I have refused the upgrade because I want to make sure that this app continues to work.

Does anyone have any idea how gingerbread will affect this app? If anyone has upgraded the software, please post here and let us know. Thanks.

Gingerbread update had no effect that I can tell on the app (that I've had installed pretty much since the first day OP posted it). IIRC, it's essentially just a shortcut straight to the roaming related hidden LG menus. So long as LG/sprint doesn't much around with those menus, then the app shouldn't be affected.
    DROID Master

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    ROM

Works fine on gingerbread

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    [

I'm really glad to hear this will continue to work after the Gingerbread update! Thanks!

Does this work on T-Mobile phones? Like MyTouch4g?
    Kue

Greetings Nick! GREAT App!!! Thanks so much for creating it. I recently had to switch to the Optimus because my Hero was dying and the inability to force roam was KILLING my battery at work. This on ReBorn ROM is EXCellent. Thanks. As an aside, I know this exploit won't work on AOSP roms (CM7), but to me AOSP is the ISH, so I was curious if anyone (or maybe the man himself) has heard of anything to help forcing roam in the optimus S while running an AOSP ROM.

Sorry q q has nothing to do with the theme of the forum but I made the LG Root and brother went to download a ROM never returned to light remained in the Sprint sign is a tool I q I can restore the LG Optimus S

And I put the device in recovery mode but neither recognizes

How do i get the downloaded file to my phone?
    I get a prompt that says windows can not open this file and i cant find the storage device for my phone on my pc to transfer it...

I am trying to use this app on Grom (gingerbread). I have all of the options accessible but when I try to roam all calls go straight to voicemail with no rings. I have 3 bars of service while roaming. Anyone else having this issue?

ROM
    MIUIv4

Turkaloo- my wife is having the same problem. i dont know whats wrong. it worked at first, but now its all borked

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerRom and Hydrokernal

The way I enable roaming is to go to the band preference and choose cell only. I don't touch the roaming preferences. This works much better than roam preference alone for me.

I have the LG optimus Q from straight talk and i am a complete android noob, first of all will this work on my phone because sprint coverage is really spotty in my area. secondly if this will NOT work...what other options do i have? thank you guys alot this looks like a very helpful community and i'm looking forward to embracing it

Hi nick, gave your roaming app a try but it didnt seem to help any. Only problem is for some reason my phone (Optimus Q) is now permanently stuck on either 1x or receives no signal at all for data. I tried uninstalling, tried setting the settings to default and tried hard resets and its still stuck on 1x.

Before installing the app I had 3G everywhere I went, now its either nothing or 1x. Anything you can think of that could help?

Business phone so its driving me nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Kue View Post
    Greetings Nick! GREAT App!!! Thanks so much for creating it. I recently had to switch to the Optimus because my Hero was dying and the inability to force roam was KILLING my battery at work. This on ReBorn ROM is EXCellent. Thanks. As an aside, I know this exploit won't work on AOSP roms (CM7), but to me AOSP is the ISH, so I was curious if anyone (or maybe the man himself) has heard of anything to help forcing roam in the optimus S while running an AOSP ROM.
    I'm wondering the same thing - I just flashed CM7 and am liking it, except for not being able to force roam! I cannot figure out how I can... Any help?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #191  
    Brick Master

ROM
    CM7

This application is for the LG Optimus S and I have only tested it with LG based froyo. If you use it with any different phone or firmware you may get undesirable results or it will just not work at all.

Thanks!

Tried installinga while ago. phone aays cant open file. any suggestions?
    Advisor

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycloudyday View Post
    Tried installinga while ago. phone aays cant open file. any suggestions?
    is your phone a optimus s?
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!

Thanks!!

I installed this on my Optimus S running theKraven's 7.2. When I start the app, the only thing I see is Network Settings and Roaming v0.1. The rest of the screen is blank. Anyone else running this on Kravens CM7.2?
    Last edited by pspOPT; 02-07-2013 at 11:15 AM.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by pspOPT View Post
    I installed this on my Optimus S running theKraven's 7.2. When I start the app, the only thing I see is Network Settings and Roaming v0.1. The rest of the screen is blank. Anyone else running this on Kravens CM7.2?
    This will only work on a stock based ROM.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    This will only work on a stock based ROM.

Thanks, so what other options do I have to force roaming?

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by pspOPT View Post
    Thanks, so what other options do I have to force roaming?
    As far as I know, running a stock ROM is the only way.

Default Re: No 3G when forced roam

gonna try it
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678