04-19-2012 04:19 PM
- This was a bug that plagues many android phones, and effectively decreases batter life. I was wondering how many people get these symptoms(posted on android forums too) :
The time without signal in my home, for some reason is very bad, if you notice in the picture since my phone been on, the time without signal at the 15m was 50%, then i toggled airplane mode on and off, now the percentage is decreasing. This bug really need to get sorted out.
I reseted my phone, and it starts off with 50%.
And to double verify, this a few min later:
The crazy part is you notice, all pictures i have full bars.
Not complaining about battery life, but i know this bad boy can probably do 2 days or more, and this bug limiting me to just about 1 day.12-14-2010 05:30 AM
- Okay, I just checked mine, because for the past week I was consistently at 0% TWS. Well, I just unplugged mine not too long ago, and checked after reading this and was lo and behold at 50% TWS. Here's the weird part. On the Battery Use screen, it says that Time since unplugged is 8m 23secs. However on the Cell Standby screen, Time On reads 16m 46secs; exactly double the time on, which would explain the 50% part. I'm pretty sure that the 8m 23secs is the more accurate time that I have been unplugged. So I'm wondering now if there's some sort of bug with how the phone is reading unplugged and time on.12-14-2010 08:32 AM
- I searched google's bugs on their google code page and didn't turn up 1 report of this which is very strange with consideration that it's been happening since version 1.5, so i created one .... enjoy
Issue 13744 - android - Time Without Signal bug for CDMA devices - Project Hosting on Google Code
P.S. Submitting a bug does little, you need to go and vote for the bug which raises it higher up on their radar. Leaving useless comments like "me too" does nothing either. Go to the page and click the star next to the issue number which is a vote. The more votes, the higher the priority.01-05-2011 07:49 PMLike 3
- I'm having the same issues with my phone as well. I thought it might be the rom i installed and all the tinkering ive been doing but alot of people here are running the same stuff as me....
my TWS right now is at 92%. I just unplugged it this morning about 10 mins before i made this post and i find that hard when i have signal as well as a sprint tower 5 blocks from my house. So i put a star :-)01-06-2011 06:24 AM
- I searched the forum but didn't find this addressed. I've noticed in my battery usage stats that I consistently have 50% time without signal. I don't understand that because I live in a metropolitan area and lowest signal strength I get is 3 bars.
I heard on another forum that this is in fact a big within froyo. Since I haven't seen it here I'm a bit skeptical. Does anyone else have this issue in good coverage areas?
The other part of it is if I cycle airplane mode I don't get the 50% without signal in the battery stats.
Is my cell radio really burning up precious battery resources searching for a signal or is this simply a bug in the reporting?
I just found the airplane mode fix last night, so I haven't tested the battery life with and without cycling airplane mode yet. I'll report back my findings in a couple of days.
I'm interested in any input as well.
Swyped from my LS670 using Tapatalk01-27-2011 01:54 PM
Not to beat a dead horse but figured i'd update. I havent seen this bug in later builds of Android from 2.3.4 (maybe 2.3.5) on and that can probably be attributed to the NS4G being an official CDMA device. I have 2.3.5, 2.3.7 and 4.0.4 devices and none are currently experiencing this. That indicates the source is fixed because it's existed for many builds on many devices previously but Google probably picked some low lying CDMA fruit when they added a CDMA device as a developer phone.
The above comment about NS4G is just a guess, but regardless it's not happening on my other phones now which indicates it's gone for those who were bothered by it04-19-2012 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD