Telenav always running??

TobyU

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have an unrooted Optimus S and it keeps starting up the Telenav Navigation. The version is 5.8. I go to manage applications and force stop it about 4-5 times a day.

I don't use it and could uninstall it since I use google maps and navigation as my first source. I would like to leave it installed, but not if it keep this up.

Thanks for any help.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i dont think you can uninstall it if you wanted to , im pretty sure you have to root your phone to accomplish disabling it

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
When your in Navigation press "Menu>Exit"

It's a useful feature to keep it running...well...when you need it.

TobyU

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It will let me uninstall it. I don't want to uninstall. I just want it to stop being on the running list under manage applications. It is by far the biggest one on the list.
NOTE: I think the list "sort by size" only refers to the program application's size, not the amount of memory it is using.

When I go to manage apps, I see this and videocaster that keep starting many times a day. I don't want either of them to be "running" unless I go to the apps and touch their icon.
Any ideas.

Any way to see what actual cpu usage and battery is being used by being on the "running" list?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm