Trouble sending email from exchange account

anon(83790)

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had this problem with the Optimus S. I send an email and most times it just sits in the outbox. Sometimes I can open the outbox and it will then send the mail, but most times it just sits there and never sends. Settings are correct and my mail servers are the same address for incoming and outgoing.

Any suggestions?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Try using K-9 mail. Its a good email app for exchange/imap/pop accounts. Works pretty good. You can find it in the market and its free.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had this problem with the Optimus S. I send an email and most times it just sits in the outbox. Sometimes I can open the outbox and it will then send the mail, but most times it just sits there and never sends. Settings are correct and my mail servers are the same address for incoming and outgoing.

Any suggestions?
i have a fascinate and before this i had a DX, both of them gave me trouble with my corp. exchange.... if you dont need anything to reliable like Cyber Warrior said K9 is good.

But if you need an app that will work fast as i do, i use Touchdown. i receive my emails faster than my outlook account at work. Costs a couple dollars but well worth it in my opinion.

anon(83790)

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried touchdown just now and it never could do the auto discovery (which is what I use for exchange) so I uninstalled it. Also, doesn't seem like it is worth $20 to me. Just my opinion.

Does anyone else have an opinion on how to make the built in email app work to send mail?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze