Weak Vibrations

fristuff

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone feel that this phone's vibration is so much weaker than other phones? I used to be able to hear vibrations on other phones so well when left on the table, and this phone is so quiet that I often miss the vibrations on my desk, pocket etc.

Is there a way to change the vibration setting?

Schufly

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Coming from all kinds of Blackberrys I miss the strong vibrations. I have been back and forth between blackberry and android devices many times now. I think I have my blackberry addiction kicked. I must say I think this Optimus is a bad ass phone, but I think I want more size and speed. Maybe I need an EVO.

mxl360

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I always thought the vibrations were tooo loud on other phones.

The purpose of vibrate is so you can feel it, but other's can not hear.

It's does it's job, vibrate and not loud BUZZZ BUZZZ like a low annoying ringer.

fifedogg

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
This phone actually vibrates much better than my Hero did. I could never even feel that phone when it vibrated. I do notice that the optimus does it quietly but probably twice has powerfull than the Hero.

Scott_L#AC

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I wish it were stronger too. I can hear it on my night-stand sometimes, but almost never feel it in my front pant pocket - especially when I need to. I'm hoping to upgrade to the next version of this phone next year. A little faster, more root to install apps, higher resolution would rock, slightly larger display, and louder ringer & more intense vibrate.

fristuff

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
If there's a way to change the vibration pattern like handcent option or something, that would be great.

When I get a call, the vibration's long enough for me to feel it, but like a text or a notification, because it's just two short vibrations, I rarely feel anything

Scott_L#AC

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If there's a way to change the vibration pattern like handcent option or something, that would be great.

I haven't been able to extend the initial vibration, but have installed "Missed Reminder" and set it to buzz me a bit longer with its "Vibration script" option.

For example. If I miss an SMS Notification then Missed Reminder vibrates for 1 second, stops for 2 seconds, then vibrates again for 3 seconds. It will repeat this every 2 minutes. The app is pretty configurable and free :)