Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Default Motorola Keyboard (from Droid x, Defy) on our S?

Just wondering if this is possible? I came from the Hero and am having a hard time without the trackball when editing text. I can't use swype every well and have a hard time getting the cursor exactly where I need it at times.

I've tried my friend's Defy and Droidx and both of their keyboards support dragging the cursor with a magnifying glass, much like the iPhone keyboard. Just wondering if it's possible to get that keyboard or ability on our S's?

Or if someone has a suggestion on how I can move the cursor easier. BTW I use the phone in portrait most of the time, it is easier in landscape typing but for some reason I really like typing in portrait better, must be the ex-BB user in me.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

I came from a Droid X and I really missed that text selection magnification feature. A lot.

I've since figured out how to use the swype text selection and editing function. It's not as intuitive as what the X had but it is still very good (just swipe from the swype key to the symbol key to pull up the editing keyboard).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

ah thanks for the input. I have a really hard time with swype. I type a lot of work emails and swype doesn't pick up half the words. I guess I better start learning how to code and see if I can't get it working. I'll definitely post back here in some miracle I get it working

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

I don't use the swipe feature that much really, I usually just hunt and peck. But I use the keyboard because there are enough other features to justify it's usage over stock.