Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Default Angry Birds seems to slow down?

Just wondering if anyone else experiences this? I've got the deluxe build prop tweak by KSmith installed and I notice if I'm playing angry birds, in about 1 or 2 levels, it will start to slow down and stutter and I have a hard time playing the game. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem? It's still a helluva lot better than my Hero which wouldn't really play the game at all.

I'm wondering if uninstalling the buildprop would help or make it worse as well. I'm going to try that when I get home from work. But just wondering if people don't have that installed and it works better for them? Figure doesn't hurt to ask

Quote Originally Posted by 808rides View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else experiences this? I've got the deluxe build prop tweak by KSmith installed and I notice if I'm playing angry birds, in about 1 or 2 levels, it will start to slow down and stutter and I have a hard time playing the game. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem? It's still a helluva lot better than my Hero which wouldn't really play the game at all.

I'm wondering if uninstalling the buildprop would help or make it worse as well. I'm going to try that when I get home from work. But just wondering if people don't have that installed and it works better for them? Figure doesn't hurt to ask
    I have the deluxe build prop installed and dont have any problems with angry birds. It may stutter for a brief second on some levels but otherwise it runs perfect. Is your phone OC'd?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Phone isn't oc'd. Just rooted, and deluxe'd. But angry birds will stutter like mad after about a level of playing or so. It's playable, just very painstaking sometimes to make sure I'm launching the bird in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by 808rides View Post
    Phone isn't oc'd. Just rooted, and deluxe'd. But angry birds will stutter like mad after about a level of playing or so. It's playable, just very painstaking sometimes to make sure I'm launching the bird in the right direction
    Why no OC? It runs great with a little overclocking.

It stutters for a few seconds on mine at the beginning of graphic intensive levels (particularly with the snow on Seasons). After those couple seconds thought, it usually smooths out.

It is sort of annoying you have to wait for it to smooth though. This is even on a phone with ThundeRom 1.5, Xionia kernel v5, OC'd at 768, and with a Quadrant score of 1200!
    Last edited by Sparty73; 12-22-2010 at 02:52 PM.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

It's the ads that do it. When a level loads without the ad banner the game runs like magic. When the corner ad is on the screen it lags hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Herk_FE View Post
    It's the ads that do it. When a level loads without the ad banner the game runs like magic. When the corner ad is on the screen it lags hard.
    I noticed this was the issue as well. Also, ad blockers don't help aside from not showing the ad image. The routine of grabbing an ad is still executing, and that appears to be what always slows it down for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Herk_FE View Post
    Agreed. Some levels contain less information, so the ads have little or no affect. Levels with more birds and things to knock down, however, lag horribly with the ads. If you wait 30sec or so, the ads go away, and suddenly the level runs smoothly again.

I really wish we just had a paid version so we could do away with the ads.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

Rovio is making way more money off the android version of the game due to the ads so I don't see the ads going anywhere sadly.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Never had any problems whatsoever with angry birds....except that I'm still waiting for the Christmas edition.

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast Nightly

Default Angry Birds

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    Never had any problems whatsoever with angry birds....except that I'm still waiting for the Christmas edition.
    Is there an angry birds different than the two available now?

I thought there was only angry birds, and angry birds seasons (Which includes the 25 days of Christmas and the Halloween edition), at least for android.

Angry Birds

Angry Birds Seasons
    "I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde
    Thanked by:
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Ah thank you...I thought they were going to just push out an update with new levels like the last time. I'm gonna check that out.

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    Ah thank you...I thought they were going to just push out an update with new levels like the last time. I'm gonna check that out.
    No problem...
    "I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Global Posts
    7,619 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I am rooted and using AdFree to block the ads ,on the dx if your not rooted you can switch to plane mode and no more ads.However non functional phone in plane mode on receiving calls.

On dinc if not rooted can just turn off data connection/wifi connection and no more ads still functional phone so can still receive calls

But I havent noticed any lag in Angry Birds,or Seasons,or Hallowen editions.

Sent using TaPaTaLk