Is it possible to silence the shutter sound?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Scott_L#AC

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Here's all I've found that really works. You have to root your phone and perform the steps in the link below. The answer is probably available on this site as well, but I Starred the one below. Yes, rooting is extreme for just this, but it seems to be the only way at the moment. The few apps out there to do this don't have rave reviews and I don't want to install a replacement camera app just to silence it.

Silence Camera Shutter Sound

Reactions: kalex

infid3lkastro

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
There are many apps in the market you can try , for instance this app has high reviews but costs .99cents
Smart Measure Pro - Android app on AppBrain

or if you want to try another free one
SilentCam - Android app on AppBrain

try a couple out see what works for you :)
I havent tried smart measure yet but silentcam = stoneage_quality_pix. :)
for kicks I also tried 1 or 2 private-type apps that just kill all volume in general (silent mode). but I could just as well use the vol buttons on the side too, minus the footprint. maybe the rom chefs can cook up something ;) for a future update, this should be accessible from the camera app settings imho.

Sent from my Optimus via Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I havent tried smart measure yet but silentcam = stoneage_quality_pix. :)
for kicks I also tried 1 or 2 private-type apps that just kill all volume in general (silent mode). but I could just as well use the vol buttons on the side too, minus the footprint. maybe the rom chefs can cook up something ;) for a future update, this should be accessible from the camera app settings imho.

Sent from my Optimus via Tapatalk

yeah i mean the zoom and the shutter sounds all they are is media and an alarm sound , i dont hear them cause im always on silent or vibrate

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
or?

With my old phone (winmo) I could simply replace the sound file with an empty one. The sound files look to be .wav (PCM) in system\media\audio\ui\. The problem is that when i replace these it still makes the sound. Is it somewhere else? I don't want to install an app just to mute the sound.

artifex75

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Isnt there a law that cell cameras and such have to make a sound in order to prevent pervs from discreetly taking inappropriate photos? Can't remember is someone just suggested it or it actually went into effect.

Ah. Here we go... Bill Text - 111th Congress (2009-2010) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

So, far it was referred to a house subcommittee, but has apparently stalled as it has yet to be presented for a vote. Perhaps cell phone manufacturers anticipated its passing and made it standard without the bill actually being passed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo