"Memory Full Not enough storage space"

cheeseburger

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I get this popup when I try to edit a contact. After syncing with Gmail I deleted a ton of contacts. turned the phone off, then back on. I still can't even enter a contacts last name without getting this error message.
Any ideas?

cheeseburger

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Settings Menu > SD card & phone storage settings:
SD card
Available space 1.73GB

Internal Phone Storage
Available space 16.33MB

Side Note: a call to Sprint and she tells me that Sprint Zone app will diagnose the problem. Sprint Zone does not have that capability. then she begged for a "completely satisfied" score if I get a survey on her performance. Man, they need to give the begging a rest. I get it every time I call. It's the actual quality of service, not begging that will improve their CSI

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
it's your text messages. clear out all your messaging threads then check and make sure that you have "delete old messages" checked. and check your limit. it comes set default to 200 which is insane. set it to a lower number. mine is on 10 because, really.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
What all do you have installed on the phone? I have about fifty apps outside of what comes loaded on it, and I have 126 mb internal storage free. Maybe your apps2SD is not working right.

sabauman

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
What all do you have installed on the phone? I have about fifty apps outside of what comes loaded on it, and I have 126 mb internal storage free. Maybe your apps2SD is not working right.

50? Holy crap? I don't think you could do that without root. Standard A2SD that comes with 2.2 doesn't allow you to put every app on sdcard. Or am I missing something?

cheeseburger

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, here's what happened. I went to use the phone this afternoon and suddenly there was wallpaper and most of my apps were missing. evidently it got reset somehow with a new ID pack. I didn't do it and nobody else could have touched it. anyway, I reset and reinstalled everything pretty much the way it was before. No more problems.
It now reads:
SD card : available space 1.74 GB
Internal phone storage
Available space: 18.6 MB
that little green guy must have done it.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Set up

50? Holy crap? I don't think you could do that without root. Standard A2SD that comes with 2.2 doesn't allow you to put every app on sdcard. Or am I missing something?

I am rooted, but my card is set up like you should through the custom recovery, which partitions the card into three partitions 32mb swap, 512 mb ext4 (for apps2sd), and close to 7.5 for normal storage.

There is not much maintenance when you do it this way. The apps install on their own where they need to. If you have a large app, like pocket legends, they automatically get thrown on the sd card.

I personally do not like someone else telling me what apps I should have on my phone, that is why I got an android phone. To me ID using customer's are like apple loving, wanna be android users. I am just saying. Hopefully, not too many people will get irritated by this point of view.

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This is a storage card issue...

just unmount and remount your storage card.

If that doesn't work physically take the storage card out then re-insert it

sabauman

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted, but my card is set up like you should through the custom recovery, which partitions the card into three partitions 32mb swap, 512 mb ext4 (for apps2sd), and close to 7.5 for normal storage.

There is not much maintenance when you do it this way. The apps install on their own where they need to. If you have a large app, like pocket legends, they automatically get thrown on the sd card.

I personally do not like someone else telling me what apps I should have on my phone, that is why I got an android phone. To me ID using customer's are like apple loving, wanna be android users. I am just saying. Hopefully, not too many people will get irritated by this point of view.

Ah, that makes things more clear. I agree about "someone else telling me what apps I should have" I hate ID. I even hate the little ID icon on the dock which is why I use Launcherpro. I had my phone rooted but never set up apps2sd out side of froyo 2.2 a2sd. (did that on my Hero). I'm really holding out now for the Gingerbread OTA so am avoiding rooting my Optimus again. I understood you may not get the OTA if you are rooted and have a custom recovery. Not sure though. Heard both ways. Thanks for the explaination though!

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
A2sd is what my phone uses. Just the standard setup in ThundeROM. I format the card through the phone, and all is good. You can root and when the OTA comes out, return to stock. It's up to you.

Sent from my ThundeROMed Optimus S using tapatalk...

kpbasketball93

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Hey could you walk me through this, i reallly like the lg optimus, but the one problem is that i keep getting the low memory thing, this is my first android phone , and is rooting safe , i just want more memory is that enough to ask for,
ps got a 16 memory card

Reactions: firelightguitarist

darktoy

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there a list of stock apks / apps for the Lg Optimus S that are safe to delete using a file browser app on a non rooted device?

Since I use none of the stock ringtones I was thinking about deleting all of them which take up about 300kb per file.

I've done this in the past with other basic non android phones to save space but don't now how this would effect the Android OS.

I know there is a list online for HTC showing that you can safely delete bluetooth, calander, news widget and such.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey could you walk me through this, i reallly like the lg optimus, but the one problem is that i keep getting the low memory thing, this is my first android phone , and is rooting safe , i just want more memory is that enough to ask for,
ps got a 16 memory card

I believe you need to be rooted to utilize the setup I have. I believe it is safe, there are inherent risks, like bricking your phone. If you follow the steps laid out in the threads here in AC, you will do fine. Read everything carefully, and if you run into an error, look through the thread before asking the questions, as most people have already run into the problem you would be having.

As an alternative, you can download apps2sd from the market. I think there is a difference between what you can download from the market, and how ThundeRom handles the apps. So, I prefer setting my card up through the custom recovery that is also available in in this forum. It will take care of everything for ya.

If you need me to step you through it, PM me.

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
again the only time i ever got this, i went in and changed messaging settings to only keep 10 messages per thread and the problem went away. it comes default keeping 200 messages per contact, which is crazy.

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
also check your browesr cache. i was getting messages that i was out of memory last night. after fooling around with everything and getting only about 12mb of space after deleting txt's and the normal things (removed an app or 2) i noticed that my browser was reporting almost 70mb of space. deleted the cache, temp files, and history, and i was back up to almost 80mb of space left.

Reactions: Glenar

melissa shook

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Ive got 8gb sd card; only have MAYBE15Apps; 8 of which are on sd card; not large apps either. Have deleted them& all messages & used pc to delete emails & cleared cache,cookies & browser history. HAVE RESET IT 3TIMES THIS YEAR!!!!!!!! AND DIDNT USE IT FOR ALMOST 3MNTHS. I STILL HAVE ALMOST 6GB ON MY CARD.
WUT THE HECKS?????? WUT CAN I DO???????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! WUT DO I DO???

please email me if anyone has serious suggestions:: -removed-

Last edited by a moderator:

TMarkD

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I assume you have a desktop or laptop.
You may reformat your SD Card but doing so will delete everything, so put everything on it into a folder on your desktop.
take sd card from phone then put it into the sd holder so as to put that into your media card reader on your pc.
once the drive for it is shown in my computer as a drive then you can right click over the drive letter then left click
on the format selection tab in the drop down. You can do either regular or quick format as there is not really that much
difference but the quick is faster but either way probably wouldn't notice that much difference considering how much is
on the drive anyway.
Once you wipe it clean put the contents that are in the folder on your desktop back onto the sd card then pop it back into your
phone and you should be good to go on that note. It may be possible you may have a failed SD Card but you
should be able to tell that how your drive responds on your pc like if the drive displays in my computer at all.
If not then definitely a failed drive. Another way to tell via pc is if it won't open the window when you click on
the drive letter shown to be able to put files onto it.
Hopefully that works out well for you.

NASangcopan

May 22, 2014
Visit site
****! My phone isn't working that fast anymore. The note that says my phone memory is full always shows up. Guys! What should I do with this matter?