Stock Gallery

v0mitr0n

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Could be the sd card speed. Also, the Picasa library loads, so that may be causing a slowdown.

I'm also wondering if theres a way to speed things up.

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Isn't the galleries thumbnails cache stored on SD? You are probably right about it being the SDcard v0mitr0n. Mine loads up in a matter of seconds. Thunderom w/ JIT and nothing else and a 8GB class 6 sandisk

omarnova

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Isn't the galleries thumbnails cache stored on SD? You are probably right about it being the SDcard v0mitr0n. Mine loads up in a matter of seconds. Thunderom w/ JIT and nothing else and a 8GB class 6 sandisk

i have no more then 150 pictures stored in my 4GB SDcard and it takes long to load/start up...i guess i may need 2 root a custom rom but ive seen the gallery work fine on youtube on other stock roms, not sure whats going on

v0mitr0n

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
My card is 4GB, but only a 2 class .. not that fast on the r/w. I think you need at least a 4 class for decent gallery load speeds.

shoeless1542

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm having problems with my Gallery that I wanted to see if other people were having it too. My biggest complaint is with how bad Picasa is. It takes forever to load albums and pictures, pictures will stay blurry for a good 30+ seconds before they pop in. Even when I only had half a dozen albums it was bad, but now that I uploaded a lot more it's ridiculously slow. The Gallery itself is pretty slow too, the 200+ pictures I've taken with camera can have 5-10 second delays before the pop in. Is this just a limitation of our phones? Are other Android headsets better? I am just curious as this has been driving me nuts for awhile. FYI I have a 8 gig Class 6 card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol