Sirius/XM App Problems

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Try the following to see if it helps at all ...

1) Call Sprint and ask for your 6 digit MSL (master subsidy lock). If they ask who what when where or why just explain you're a developer and need to put the phone into debugging mode to test your app which requires MSL.
2) Open up your dialer like your going to call someone and press ##3282#
3) Select multimedia
4) select edit
5) put in password (6 digit MSL)
6) Change the RTSP and HTTP IP addresses to 0.0.0.0 (Those are zero's, not o)
7) Change the RTSP and HTTP port to 0 (that's a zero, not an o)
8) Click the back button and your phone will reboot.

See if that helps any. I have been running these settings for a few days. I don't have sirius or xm so i haven't tested that but give it a shot.

If that doesn't help or you want to change them back the default settings are

RTSP IP = rtsp.vog.sprintpcs.com
RTSP port = 554
HTTP IP = pd.vog.sprintpcs.com
HTTP port = 8085

tkbarnes22

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, but it's not limited to wifi. Even on 3G/4G my app cuts out. No pattern to mine though. Sometimes it will play for 30 minutes solid, while other times it stops after just a couple minutes repeatedly. Pressing the pause button then play will bring it back, but who knows for how long. Extremely frustrating.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Try the following to see if it helps at all ...

1) Call Sprint and ask for your 6 digit MSL (master subsidy lock). If they ask who what when where or why just explain you're a developer and need to put the phone into debugging mode to test your app which requires MSL.
2) Open up your dialer like your going to call someone and press ##3282#
3) Select multimedia
4) select edit
5) put in password (6 digit MSL)
6) Change the RTSP and HTTP IP addresses to 0.0.0.0 (Those are zero's, not o)
7) Change the RTSP and HTTP port to 0 (that's a zero, not an o)
8) Click the back button and your phone will reboot.

See if that helps any. I have been running these settings for a few days. I don't have sirius or xm so i haven't tested that but give it a shot.

If that doesn't help or you want to change them back the default settings are

RTSP IP = rtsp.vog.sprintpcs.com
RTSP port = 554
HTTP IP = pd.vog.sprintpcs.com
HTTP port = 8085

When you dial this does this just get you into a locked(reason for MSL #) menu of sorts and can get out without any changes. What I mean is dialing that number will not reset anything, right? I already got my MSL number from sprint.

Last edited:

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
When you dial this does this just get you into a locked(reason for MSL #) menu of sorts and can get out without any changes. What I mean is dialing that number will not reset anything, right? I already got my MSL number from sprint.

Already changed it!

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Works great, Do notice a a increase in data speed I think. I did this last night and have been checking the speeds with speedtest at different times of day. (we all know depending on time of day and traffic speeds change
I include a screenshot of default settings