Sirius/XM App Problems

jeffrod

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I've installed the Sirius XM app on my new LG Optimus S. I've tried both over 3G and WiFi. I've noticed my 3G connection cuts in and out, which is most likely due to my reception. That's something I understand and can live with. However, when using a WiFi connection (in a couple locations) I notice the app simply cuts audio after 10 minutes (and never reconnects). This only happens when connected to WiFi and only with the Sirius XM app (I don't experience audio cutting out with Pandora).

Anyone else out there having this problem?

jeffrod

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Pandora doesn't stream Howard. Have you tried the Sirius XM app over WiFi with the Optimus S? Have you run into this problem?

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I prefer not to listen to an old perverted man talk about nothing and pay for it.

I am of no assistance to you up to this point. I know. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall?

jgj67

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I have it installed and listen to it while in the car every day, but have never run into that problem. I don't listen to it over wifi, so I cannot answer that one.

heckufaguy

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I've installed the Sirius XM app on my new LG Optimus S. I've tried both over 3G and WiFi. I've noticed my 3G connection cuts in and out, which is most likely due to my reception. That's something I understand and can live with. However, when using a WiFi connection (in a couple locations) I notice the app simply cuts audio after 10 minutes (and never reconnects). This only happens when connected to WiFi and only with the Sirius XM app (I don't experience audio cutting out with Pandora).

Anyone else out there having this problem?

I'd try making sure your wifi connection is not going to sleep.

settings>wireless&networks>Wi-fi settings>Menu, advanced> wifi sleep policy.

Last edited:

jeffrod

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd try making sure your wifi connection is not going to sleep.

settings>wireless&networks>Wi-fi settings>Menu, advanced> wifi sleep policy.

Yes, I have the WiFi sleep policy set to Never. I know it works well since I can stream Pandora over WiFi just fine. Seems to me it's either a problem with the app itself or the app specifically running on the Optimus S.

GeekJedi said:
If a have a few minutes today, I'll see if I have the same issue. By the way, I love listening to Stern too.

Awesome! Thanks for taking some time to look at it! And also glad to meet another fan of the Stern nation :)

GeekJedi

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Sure enough...about 10:46 the stream went quiet. Hitting pause then play brought up a dialog about an internet connection not being available, then the stream started again.

Sounds like a bug to me!

jeffrod

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Sure enough...about 10:46 the stream went quiet. Hitting pause then play brought up a dialog about an internet connection not being available, then the stream started again.

Sounds like a bug to me!

Thanks for the confirmation, Geek! Next step for me is reporting the bug to the Sirius/XM folks.

thejkern

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've listened to Howard on 3G for hours and haven't experienced any issues like this.

Are you stock or using a custom ROM/Kernel? I'm using thunderrom 1.3, if that helps.

jeffrod

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I've listened to Howard on 3G for hours and haven't experienced any issues like this.

Are you stock or using a custom ROM/Kernel? I'm using thunderrom 1.3, if that helps.

For me, the 3G connection works fine (save a couple skips here and there). My specific problem (as well as GeekJedi) is when connected via WiFi. I've got a stock Optimus S. Would you mind checking to see if you experience the 10 min audio timeout over WiFi with thunderrom 1.3?

jasong#AC

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a 20+ year Stern listener, it's kind of annoying he has Mondays, Thursday and Fridays off. But I guess that's a separate subject.

thejkern

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
For me, the 3G connection works fine (save a couple skips here and there). My specific problem (as well as GeekJedi) is when connected via WiFi. I've got a stock Optimus S. Would you mind checking to see if you experience the 10 min audio timeout over WiFi with thunderrom 1.3?
Just connected via Wifi. I'll let you know what happens.

jeffrod

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
One hour later and no problems. My only (minor) issue was it took about 20 seconds for the feed to restart after I got off a call.

Thanks for checking! I'll have to see if thunderrom 1.3 is my ticket. Are there any downsides that you've experienced with it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie