Sirius/XM App Problems
I've installed the Sirius XM app on my new LG Optimus S. I've tried both over 3G and WiFi. I've noticed my 3G connection cuts in and out, which is most likely due to my reception. That's something I understand and can live with. However, when using a WiFi connection (in a couple locations) I notice the app simply cuts audio after 10 minutes (and never reconnects). This only happens when connected to WiFi and only with the Sirius XM app (I don't experience audio cutting out with Pandora).
Anyone else out there having this problem?
- 01-05-2011, 05:54 PM #2
- 01-06-2011, 02:11 AM #4
- 01-06-2011, 09:18 AM #5
- 01-06-2011, 09:44 AM #6
- 01-06-2011, 12:34 PM #7
- Originally Posted by GeekJedi
- 01-06-2011, 11:35 PM #9
- 01-06-2011, 11:48 PM #10
- 01-07-2011, 07:19 PM #12
- 01-08-2011, 01:12 PM #14
- 01-08-2011, 05:43 PM #15
- 01-08-2011, 06:46 PM #16
- 01-10-2011, 12:30 PM #18
- 01-10-2011, 02:23 PM #19
- 01-26-2011, 11:17 AM #20
- 01-26-2011, 12:16 PM #21
Try the following to see if it helps at all ...
1) Call Sprint and ask for your 6 digit MSL (master subsidy lock). If they ask who what when where or why just explain you're a developer and need to put the phone into debugging mode to test your app which requires MSL.
2) Open up your dialer like your going to call someone and press ##3282#
3) Select multimedia
4) select edit
5) put in password (6 digit MSL)
6) Change the RTSP and HTTP IP addresses to 0.0.0.0 (Those are zero's, not o)
7) Change the RTSP and HTTP port to 0 (that's a zero, not an o)
8) Click the back button and your phone will reboot.
See if that helps any. I have been running these settings for a few days. I don't have sirius or xm so i haven't tested that but give it a shot.
If that doesn't help or you want to change them back the default settings are
RTSP IP = rtsp.vog.sprintpcs.com
RTSP port = 554
HTTP IP = pd.vog.sprintpcs.com
HTTP port = 8085
- 12-26-2011, 07:19 PM #22
- 03-28-2012, 03:57 PM #23
- 1 Posts
Re: Sirius/XM App Problems
I have the same problem, but it's not limited to wifi. Even on 3G/4G my app cuts out. No pattern to mine though. Sometimes it will play for 30 minutes solid, while other times it stops after just a couple minutes repeatedly. Pressing the pause button then play will bring it back, but who knows for how long. Extremely frustrating.
- 04-05-2012, 02:45 PM #24
- 04-05-2012, 10:56 PM #25