Apps that can be saved to a SD card?

jasong#AC

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Apologizes if this is beating a dead horse, but it seems like running low on space is very common since many apps cannot be moved to an sd card.

My card is mounted and I have installed SDmove which is a great little app. The only problem is 80% of my apps cannot be moved so that tells me the developer determined this.

My question is do people know of available apps that can moved to the SD card? Thanks in advance.

jasong#AC

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm not savvy enough to know how to root a phone. Even still I'm pretty sure that would eliminate my warranty and any add'l coverage protection I'd have with Sprint should an issue occur with my phone.

I guess I'll just have to be very selecting in DL apps, that's why I wanted to know if anyone knew of stuff that was able to save to the sd.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm not savvy enough to know how to root a phone. Even still I'm pretty sure that would eliminate my warranty and any add'l coverage protection I'd have with Sprint should an issue occur with my phone.

I guess I'll just have to be very selecting in DL apps, that's why I wanted to know if anyone knew of stuff that was able to save to the sd.

Creating a list of which, of the over 100k apps in the market, support a2sd would not really be feasible.

Also yes rooting does void your warranty so if that's a concern you should certainly not pursue it but you don't need to necessarily know how to root a phone or have ever done it. We've got that covered in the hacking section with a regular root guide (including a video, MAC, and linux instructions), a root for dummies guide, and a root without touching a PC guide.

Play around a bit and if you decide maybe you'd like to root, come on over and start reading those threads. Also if you decide afterwards rooting isn't for you, we have a sticky on how to unroot and return to stock :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith