Trouble Streaming Mp4's

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
I am unable to stream mp4 videos to my LG Optimus S. I have pasted the test link below so others can try. This exact same link works perfectly on the iPhone and iPad. Is there some app I need or does the mp4 have to be some specific format and if so what are the settings required?

King David's Righteous Listings

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
to enable stagefright you will need to be rooted. a custom recovery will make things easier.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...le-buildprop-edits-stock-stagefright-jit.html

download one of the buildprops and flash via custom recovery.

if you do not want a custom recovery, you can edit the build.prop yourself (must be rooted). you'll see 4 lines in there that say stagefright. enable those and see if your mp4's will play.

i have read of streaming issues without stagefright. i have also heard other media will not play with stagefright. this is why it is thought lg disabled it originally.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
Okay it took awhile but I rooted my phone, installed thunderom and was able to edit my build.prop to enable stagefright. This allows me to play mp4 files at 480x270 resolution perfectly however higher resolution files were still unable to play.

I installed Rock Player app and higher resolution files play but the video is skippy and slow while the audio plays perfectly.

I installed xyplayer app and some videos in higher resolution play slightly better than Rock Player but the video/audio are skippy...probably because there needs to be a bigger cache size for buffering but I see no way to change that in the free xyplayer version and doubt the paid would be any better.

Is there some other player or setting that might help with higher resolution mp4's?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power