Help! idk what I did...

ShesLucky13

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to Optimus S as well as the Android... My phone decided to tell me my storage was low. And now it's telling me "The application Mvpdm (process com.hp.mvpdm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." What on earth does that mean? What did I do to the phone to make it do that? It won't go on the market or the browser...

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried restarting? Cleaning out your text messages? Clearing your browser cache?

If not, start there, restart first then the others.

EDIT - Ok sorry about the short reply above, i was on my phone and at least wanted to provide you some assistance but i fired up my computer so i could be a little more granular with what I'm saying.

1) Reboot the phone. I dont want you to draw too close of a connection with android and windows BUT think of it like this, if something is going crazy on your computer, whats the first thing you usually do? Restart it. "Have you rebooted the machine" is an IT guy's favorite sentence :)

2) By keeping lots of text messages, you can quickly chew up memory. This can be 1 super duper long thread, it can be lots and lots of little sms thread, heck it can be a somewhat short thread with lots of pictures, point is they take up memory. To free up the memory, after a reboot open the messaging app and start deleting texts. To delete texts threads, from the main SMS screen where you can see all your text threads, long press on any thread and select "delete thread" from the menu that pops up. To assist in preventing another traffic jam, while on the main screen of the messaging app, click the menu button (physical button) on the bottom of your phone and select "settings". In the settings menu your going to see 3 crucial settings. The first is "Delete old messages", make sure this is check marked. The next is "text message limit", i recommend keeping this at 200 or less but realistically ..... do you need a 200 message long thread? Something around 50 or 100 is probably a good range. The third setting is "multimedia message limit" MMS messages take up quite a bit of memory. The default setting for this is 20, it comes back to asking yourself, do you really need 20 MMS messages from a single person? Setting these things appropriately will help android manage the amount of memory it uses for messaging, in a much more efficient way. Also i believe 3rd party messaging apps such as handcent or chomp (both in the market) allow you to move certain aspects of the messaging process to the SD card.

3) Saving all those cookies and browsing history uses quite a bit of space also. To clean that up you can open the browser, click the menu button (physical button) on the bottom of your phone and and select more, then select settings. Scroll down and select "clear cache", "Clear history", "clear all cookie data". Again, to prevent future situation, 3rd party browsers such as dolphin mini, allow you to save things like cache and cookies right to the SD card.

I tried to break everything down to an easy to understand level but if you need clarification just post away.

Last edited:

ShesLucky13

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I ended up going to the Sprint store. It was a glitch in the phone and they gave me a new one. I just got it yesterday! Lord I hope that doesn't happen again. lol It was weird. Thanks for the advice!