Disabling x1 connection

Ossian

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to disable the 1x connection for my LG optimus S while still allowing me to use 3G? Odd request I know but here is my situation.

I'm on the very edge of a 3G area network and I have no internet at my house so I use my phone as a hotspot. 98% of the time I have 3G 1-3 bars, but occasionally I get knocked down to 1x connection and it just stays there, even though I have 3G. I have to turn off wireless hotspot and data wait a couple of sections and reconnect, annoys me to death. Can I just disable 1x and have 3G or nothing at all? Would save me a bunch of annoying fumbling with my phone.

Thanks.

jimt1029

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Try the Roam Control

If you download the Roam Control (see "Roam Control" sticky thread in this forum) you might be able to do it. There are a bunch of other options in there besides just roaming since the app gives access to the built in LG Debug menu. One of the menus seems to provide control over which radio to use. That being said, I don't know the consequences of messing with any of the other settings, I'm just putting the info out there. Just remember what you change, and you can just switch it back if it doesn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair