Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question task killer, clear cache, antivirus?

ok, if i am understanding the whole task killer thing correctly its not good to use them because they force stop on apps. and that android is linux based and automatically shuts down apps running in the background as the space becomes needed. so i uninstalled my task killerl. please tell me if i am understandin that correctly....

so, is clearing the cache hamful also? if so? same things as task killer or different?

is it necessary to have an antivirus? what ones are good? i currently have AVG installed and i like it so far because it scans everything i download. i guess i am just curious as to other peoples thoughts on this one.....
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Task killer.... not needed. Does more harm than it does good.

Nothing wrong with clearing your cache. I clear mine about every two weeks.

Antivirus not necessarily needed. The OS is built off a Linux platform. There are very few viruses out there for Linux. Just be carefull what you download.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    Task killer.... not needed. Does more harm than it does good.

Nothing wrong with clearing your cache. I clear mine about every two weeks.

Antivirus not necessarily needed. The OS is built off a Linux platform. There are very few viruses out there for Linux. Just be carefull what you download.
    Just want to add -- most of the Android malware out there gets put into pirated paid apps. Nobody here approves of anyone stealing apps, but if you're going to do it, then yes, keep your virus scanner, and make sure it can get updates from its developers.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post
    Just want to add -- most of the Android malware out there gets put into pirated paid apps. Nobody here approves of anyone stealing apps, but if you're going to do it, then yes, keep your virus scanner, and make sure it can get updates from its developers.
    +1 10 char

.... And if I may add clearing History, Cookies, and Cache make a better browsing experience for your device. On any webpage > press menu > tap more and scroll down.....

Opinions on the "Lookout" AV, I like the location and scream ability should I misplace my phone or more so if my kids misplace theirs...

Quote Originally Posted by In2pro View Post
    Opinions on the "Lookout" AV, I like the location and scream ability should I misplace my phone or more so if my kids misplace theirs...
    That's what I'm using and I have used the scream feature once and the location feature once. Both times it worked flawlessly. As far as the anti virus part, well I dont have any viruses so it must work.