Do apps delete entirely from ur phone?

kristi

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Once u download an app and decide u don't like it so u uninstall it. Does it still leave a trace or footprint on the device? On a computer if u delete something they say its not really gone for good cuz its on ur hard drive somewhere. Is that true for these kinds of phones? And if so does it take up space where it can slow down the device? I find myself disappointed when I download an app that I think is going to b cool and end up uninstalling it. And then left wondering of I should carefully not to do that a lot cuz I don't want it to affect the functionality of my device. I got a new SD card and now I love this lil phone I want it to stay running this good For a long time.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes there will be remainders of an app left over. You can always use a file manager like Astro and check to see if anything was left behind.

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
There are sometimes folders left over on the SD card from apps. Won't really take up much space (I probably should clean out my SD card at some point, I've never actually removed anything other than mp3's and movies since I started with my first Palm OS device 3 or 4 years ago and I still don't have much taken up)

kristi

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
OK. So is it the windows OS that leaves a footprint? If so I feel bad ftor the suckers that bought WP7......hehe