battery not charging

iowabatman

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I believe I have a hardware issue, I have lost connectivity with my computer via the usb port and now I have been unable to charge my battery.

The phone shows charging, when plugged into the wall, but the battery is continuing to drain. The battery icon in the upper right corner shows that the battery is charging, but the battery is not being charged. I tried to charge with the power off in addition to the power on, and I am getting nothing.

I am certain that the issue is with the hardware,but I don't understand why the phone would indicate that it is being charged, when it is clearly not being charged.

Anybody else out there have any of these issues or know of a solution?

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Is this your first charge?

If it is, seriously just leave your phone turned off for awhile while you charge it. I had the same issue on my first charge, where it was "charging" but losing power. Turning the phone off then on again for a few minutes didn't seem to help matters at all, however turning it off for several hours did.

iowabatman

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The problem originated overnight when I left the phone on while charging and it actually dropped from 30% to 27%, but the following night I turned it off and left it on the charger and it charged back to full.

I also realized I wasn't using the OEM charger, I was using the charger left over from my palm pre. Since placing it back on the LG charger, it has been taking a charge as normal.

It charges slowly, but it holds a charge better than most smart phones I have experienced so I won't complain.