Now they are talking "Honeycomb" 2.4 and Gingerbread just came out.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong... but I thought all android phones would be on the same os version. I guess coming from a platform that does that - I assume other platforms do the same.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong... but I thought all android phones would be on the same version. I guess coming from a platform that does that - I assume other platforms do the same.

This is not the case. Google "Android Fragmentation." Google releases new versions of Android fairly often (and recently has been picking up the pace, it appears), but other than the "pure Android" Nexus line of phones, phone manufacturers and wireless carriers need to get their hands involved in the process before an upgrade to a specific handset is released. So not all Android phones are on the same version, most Android phones are not on the most up-to-date version, and many Android phones will never "officially" get updated versions.

justin926

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
IIRC, lg said the optimus line was going to get gingerbread, but who knows about honeycomb, or any updated versions after 2.3... as far as i can see, honeycombs gonna be more for the tablets/superphones and not something our phone would be able to handle... im already impressed with the optimus as it is, considering its an "entry level" phone.:cool: