Android Bluetooth Issue?

kazea182

Jan 2, 2011
www.sxcomputers.net
To begin,
I am a new user to Android Central, got my Optimus on the 4th of January. Had a custom recovery and ThundeRom on it within 2 hours of having it. I love the device and the devs that continue to support it.

Now that that is out of the way, this is my question. I have a mono Bluetooth headset (Plantronics 3xx) GREAT little bluetooth for the $20 I paid for it. My issue is, I can have the Bluetooth connected and calls work great. I use the GPS function a lot and would like the directions spoken to me through that bluetooth, and also I like using the Speech-to-text function on the phone, however audio that gets translated is only the audio through the phone speaker not the bluetooth. Does anyone know a way to bypass this?

(P.S. I'm sorry, I tried looking for this type of thread but my limited search came up with nothing and so did google...)

RoberMR

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This may not be the definitive answer, but I can tell you my own experience. I, too, am new to the Optimus S and Android.

I have 2 earsets. One is a Plantronics, the other is a Jabra 8040. The Jabra has A2DP feature ( the ability to play audio thru the earset ). The Plantronics does not. When I use the Jabra, the audio from navigation comes thru the headset. With the Plantronics, it doesn't (because it doesn't have A2DP). If this is important to you, you may want to check into a set with A2DP. The nice thing about having A2DP is that you can also have your music come through the earset.

I hope this helps, but don't rush out to spend money on a new earset before we get some validation form the more experienced members.

Rob

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Rob is exactly right. If the bluetooth device doesn't support A2DP, then what you want is not possible. The phone certainly supports it though. I have a MOTOROKR T505 in my car and constantly stream pandora or talk on the phone or whatever else you can think of. But thats because it supports A2DP.

P.S. Keep your bluetooth headset for when your in the supermarket and want to make calls. If you're going to spend some $, buy something like the T505 so your calls and everything all go right through the car stereo :) I was skeptical at first because i've used FM transmitters in the past and they typically SUCK!!!!! but i gave this a shot after reading Phil's review of it and all i can say is WOW.

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
I'm having a different problem but hopefully someone can help. I'm running ThundeROM 1.6.2 and Deluxe Buildprop but I am unable to connect ANYTHING via bluetooth. I have a Viewsonic Gtab, HTC Hero (not activated atm), and my new Optimus. I can pair with the Gtab, Hero, and my daughter's Palm Pre but I can never connect. It just says "paired but not connected" for each device. I've rebooted all devices and still no joy. The weird thing is that I can't even connect my Hero to my Gpad or daugther's Pre although I can pair them. (The screen comes up for both devices to pair if the pin numbers match and I always press yes). I know I can't have 4 faulty devices. I've wiped and reflashed, but no matter what I do, I am just "paired but not connected."

It's driving me crazy. I'm also going to try to connect the bluetooth to my Dodge Caravan hands-free system when it warms up a little this afternoon but something tells me that won't work either.

Edit: NVM, it seems that it only shows you are connected if you are actively transferring (Music, files, etc.) Sorry about that. I've no experience with BT although the last three phones have had it - lol. Now to try and set up navigation on my Gtab via BT!

Last edited:

RoberMR

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If your BT earset is A2DP capable, you need to turn on both BT connection options in the Optimus so they are turned on.

In the BT settings screen, long press on the BT headset line, select options and make sure that both phone and media options are checked. When I first paired mine, only the media option was checked.

Good Luck,

Rob

SifuChris

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello, we have 4 Optimus S phones all doing the same thing. I have searched the forum and even spoken to Sprint with no luck do far.

I have a Blue Ant Bluetooth and a Samsung Bluetooth both of which work fine pairing and taking calls. The problem is in voice recognition. I can not get either headset to successfully recognize my request for someone in my address book. It 100% of the time gives me the wrong name.
I am seeing some issues listed with A2DP capable or not and wonder if this is the issue here or if the voice recognition is just crap.

I do not have an accent, and both of these headsets worked flawlessly with my previous phones.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

farfromuman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

falameezer

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
why won't this work?

I have the Optimus S paired with Plantronics Voyager PRO+ which has the A2DP and I can not for the life of me get it to do anything beyond answering calls and voice dialing. I can't hear navigation, I receive no text alerts or any notifications other than when I am getting a call.

Both connection options are on and have even attempted to turn off and on again to no avail.

Any advice?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000