Facebook App

lguser39

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the facebook app from the Market on my optimus s. My problem is, when i click on the app and login to facebook, i get a screen about the syncing contacts everytime.. I am still unclear what the syncing contacts means and what it has to do with facebook. I wanted to know if someone could explain this to me and tell me is there a way to stop that screen from coming up everytime i log into facebook by the app. It gets annoying.
Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited:

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the facebook app from the Market on my optimus s. My problem is, when i click on the app and login to facebook, i get a screen about the syncing contacts everytime.. I am still unclear what the syncing contacts means and what it has to do with facebook. I wanted to know if someone could explain this to me and tell me is there a way to stop that screen from coming up everytime i log into facebook by the app. It gets annoying.
Thanks for any feedback.

Your Android contacts are stored in your google account. The Facebook sync gives you the option of putting your facebook friends' contact info in to your google contacts list, and therefor in your Android contacts. You can stop it from coming up by either accepting or rejecting the syncing. You can go in to your facebook app settings to set the sync options.

iowabatman

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It will allow you to apply facebook information to existing android contact, i.e. profile pictures. This will also allow you to navigate directly to a facebook profile from your contacts app.

It will also give you the option to sync all of your facebook contacts with your android contacts, this would place all of the contact information available on your facebook friend's profiles into your contacts app.

prezmater

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
all it does is take pictures of your contacts from face book and puts it as a contact picture for them in you phone book

Kinda...it will add phone numbers/email too if they have it listed on facebook and it isn't in your phone.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What I hate most is - when I login to Facebook via friend Stream and it automatically sync all your friends in your contacts. I now use friend stream for viewing and posting updates.